Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boy did I F!!! UP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
When can you be careful and Stupid at the same time? Drove the MH to grand Jct. CO this week to go to my nefews wedding. got to G J without any problems. next day had to go to Breckenridge so I checked the oil and water. added a little of each BUT I FORGOT TO PUT THR RAD. CAP BACK ON. got about 14 miles down the road before the motor got HOT by the time I noticed it was to late, FRIED IT! had it towed to a shop in GJ it will be at least 2 heads IF I AM LUCKEY. sent my wife and 96 year old mother home with my son-in-law today. could be a week before it is fixed.

Dumb Shit Bernie hanged.gif pain30.gif stfu.gif
seanery
at least you're somewhere pretty!
Bleyseng
I have only been there in the winter and its pretty. How is it in the summer?? Any pics??
Sorry about the water/coolent problems. Don't you have a big water temp gauge if you don't install one so this doesn't happen again.

Geoff
crash914
Hey, I checked the oil in my wife's MV, added a quart then shut the hood....we then drove an hour or so, returned home, I then decided that I forgot to replace the oil cap.......Yep, oil everywhere.......I be a dum pain30.gif
EdwardBlume
I drove 170 miles at 70+ in a 78 Celica without the oil cap on. It made a mess but was good for another 1000 miles or so.

ar15.gif
GWN7
Sorry to hear about that Bernbomb. I'm helping a buddy pull the 454 out of his Pace Arrow this weekend, cause he smoked his too.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(seanery @ Jun 16 2003, 10:25 AM)
at least you're somewhere pretty!

and you have a place to stay (the MH)
FlatSix
What's a radiator cap? I've looked on the PET system and couldn't see one listed. confused24.gif
GWN7
You need the 914 V8 version of PET to find the rad cap section tongue.gif
Gint
Bernie!

You were only 90 minutes or so away from me. You should have let us know you were coming out. I (and some of the local 914 contingent) could have made a mountain run and met up with you.
bernbomb914
Thanks for all the comments. staying at my bro. in laws while I wait for the shop to check it out. I am in a long line for service. Its the only shop that works on MHs. It wouldent be so bad if this was the first engine but it is the 5th. in 57000 miles. This one was my fault

Bernie confused24.gif
bernbomb914
engine is toast. Shop charges me $532.00 to pull one head then tells me they they dont do engine pulls. Had to tow it to another shop in Orchard Mesa where there is a shop that does race engines.
the only shop on the west slope that has a flow bench along with all the other goodies to make high performance engines. Had to rent a car for a month to get home. hope they get it done in 30 days.

Bernie pinch.gif
seanery
Sorry Bernie!

This sucks!
brant
ginter...

how do you get to junction in 90 minutes?
I wanna know THAT short cut.

(just giving you a hard time)
brant
GWN7
Depending on the MH, you will have to strip it to a short block to get it out anyways.
bernbomb914
No it is a John Deere chassis drop the ft axle jack it up and drop it out the bottom all in one piece.

Bernie hanged.gif
Gint
Brant,

how do you get to junction in 90 minutes?
I wanna know THAT short cut.

next day had to go to Breckenridge

By going to Breck and not G.J.
bernbomb914
nephew got married at 10 mile lodge in Breckenridge It was beautiful the sun shown then it hailed then rained then the sun came out. The mountains were beautiful its a great town we had a lot of fun smlove2.gif

be beerchug.gif rnie
brant
Mike G....

ooops, that would be my fault for not reading all of the later posts...

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.