Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New stablemate for 914AROO!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carreraguy
Hi all,
I just ran into Michael N and our discussion reminded me that I haven't updated those interested re: my new Cayman S. Attached are some pics.

This is the car I won in the PCA Spring 2015 raffle. Actually I won a base Cayman but I decided to upgrade to an S considering I knew I was selling my 2010 Cayman and would have a "few bucks to spare" when that was done. Problem is, it's got a 2,000 mile break-in period and I haven't been able to fully exercise the sport/handling options yet - about a thousand miles to go! Its one heck of a fun car to drive!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
McMark
drooley.gif
Ferg
driving.gif Nice Tom, I was wondering the other week if you had taken delivery yet.
matthepcat

Are you bored of the 914 enough to sell it to me yet?

smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
X73 on 19s? Very cool car!

Congrats!!

pete
napasteve
Beyond cool!!!!

Major drooling happening now.
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 28 2016, 12:28 PM) *

drooley.gif

agree.gif
Great update! beerchug.gif
Michael N
The yellow with the black trim looks fast even parked in the garage. driving.gif Awesome mid engine representation with the 914 and Cayman S. It looks like there is enough room in your garage to squeeze in a 904. biggrin.gif
struckn
2000 MILE BREAK IN PERIOD?

lol-2.gif av-943.gif

Lucky Bastard.......I'm eating my heart out, Congrates.

914Sixer
My dad who was a mechanic always said to drive the hell out of them right out of the dealer. The car either works or it doesn't. Make the dealer earn his money.
DRPHIL914
Very nice!!!
What color was your 2010? Did you sell it already? I've been shopping early Caymans and recently ran across this one--- I had a speed yellow Boxster S, miss it and am seriously considering a Cayman as the next car,,, soon.
JRust
Wow Tom! I remember your Subaru conversion from years ago. Was it the WCR in Lancaster I met you & checked it out. Car looks just as good now as it did then. Your new stablemate isn't anything I'd kick out of my Garage either drooley.gif . Congrats
Mueller
Awesome! Great color combo as well, congrats again!
carreraguy
Hi all!
Thanks for the props! Good too hear from all you "old timers! too! Makes me realize how long teeners and this forum have been a fun part of my life!

Hey, Dr. Phil - regrettably I already sold the 2010 Cayman; it went pretty fast. It was in Ruby Red Metallic/Beige leather/18s. Pic attached from an AX last year.

Looking forward to first 2016 Canepa Cars & Coffee next Saturday - great "local" event. Maybe I'll see some of you NorCal folk there!

Click to view attachment
slotty008
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Mar 28 2016, 10:16 PM) *

Hi all,
I just ran into Michael N and our discussion reminded me that I haven't updated those interested re: my new Cayman S. Attached are some pics.

This is the car I won in the PCA Spring 2015 raffle. Actually I won a base Cayman but I decided to upgrade to an S considering I knew I was selling my 2010 Cayman and would have a "few bucks to spare" when that was done. Problem is, it's got a 2,000 mile break-in period and I haven't been able to fully exercise the sport/handling options yet - about a thousand miles to go! Its one heck of a fun car to drive!
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

biggrin.gif I like yellow!!! (and Cayman if it's manual)
carreraguy
QUOTE(slotty008 @ Mar 31 2016, 11:35 AM) *

Hi all,

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Sorry - its PDK; love the sequential shifter PLUS its nice to have in the SF bay area's crappy traffic!
"Illegitimus non carborundum" smile.gif
sb914
icon_bump.gif
slotty008
QUOTE(carreraguy @ Apr 1 2016, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(slotty008 @ Mar 31 2016, 11:35 AM) *

Hi all,

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Sorry - its PDK; love the sequential shifter PLUS its nice to have in the SF bay area's crappy traffic!
"Illegitimus non carborundum" smile.gif

I've never been in SF but it cannot be worse than the "ringway of Antwerp" and despite of that I'm still addicted to manual gearboxes. driving.gif
De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.