Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 sighting - Fountain Valley -check out its stable-mates!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cuda911
A co-worker was here last week and took these pix.

Here's an article about the owner. I don't have any more details about the white 914. These cars are all one guy's private collection.

http://sirf-online.org/2014/09/16/the-manu...anthony-nobles/
Tom_T
idea.gif hmmmm ..... me tinx he likes white cars Mike! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Pursang
Looks like a cross between a car collection and a Frigidare showroom. biggrin.gif

The 914 has Oregon plates.
screenguy914
Alas, what's his daily driver? Probably none of these by the way they're parked.

But silly me. His parking valet can merely "bring it around" when summoned for the white car.

S
Cuda911
As far as I can tell from the linked article, the guy is a complete con-man.

Well, at least he's doing a great job at it!

It struck me as odd that he would have a '75 or '76 914 in the collection, rather than an earlier 914-6.
Been there about 10 years ago with a buddy who was looking for a Twin
Big Len
The first thing I thought of was a bunch of crappy sprinkler heads prtecting several million dollars worth of cars. Remember Reggie Jackson's collection?
Pursang
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 28 2016, 06:45 PM) *

As far as I can tell from the linked article, the guy is a complete con-man.

What exactly led you to that conclusion?
Blue6
I was there at an event a couple of months ago. He does like white and Ferraris. When I was there, the only Porsche displayed was an early 911....
Coondog
QUOTE(Big Len @ Mar 28 2016, 08:45 PM) *

The first thing I thought of was a bunch of crappy sprinkler heads prtecting several million dollars worth of cars. Remember Reggie Jackson's collection?

RJs fire started next door in a adjacent furniture design factory. " Large fire load " old buildings with heavy timber const that didn't require sprinklers when built. Radiant heat along with direct flame contact was what caused Mr. Jackson's collection to burn up. First arriving units stated buildings were well involved in fire.
I am sure he now keeps his collection in a sprinklered, well alarmed light commercial building. Just like in the above picture.

31 years in the business I have never seen a fire sprinkler system that didn't put out or contain the fire to its area of origin. Remember only in Hollywood movies do all the sprinklers activate at one time. Each sprinkler head activates independently of each other to control the spread of fire as needed.

Crazy follow up..........this guys house "Anthony Nobles " caught fire in 2013.
Steve
I've been there a couple of times. He rents it out for company events. Nice collection. I was there a couple of years ago. There was no 914 there back then. Must be a new addition.
nathansnathan
QUOTE(screenguy914 @ Mar 28 2016, 06:37 PM) *

Alas, what's his daily driver? Probably none of these by the way they're parked.

But silly me. His parking valet can merely "bring it around" when summoned for the white car.

S

The 914 is the only one that looks to have plates on it.. idea.gif
dcecc1968
When I look at this, all I can think about is untapped driving potential...... but then again, I'm no where near the same tax bracket as the owner.
jim_hoyland
Seen the white 76 last week down the street in Sunset
Cuda911
^^^ What? And you didn't add it to the VIN database? dry.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 29 2016, 05:25 PM) *

He did!
Beach914
He's at c&c Aliso occasionally and I've talked with him at the Huntington Harbor car club gatherings Sundays in Sunset Beach. Ive talked to him about the Schumacher car but was not aware of the extent of his collection. There's more than a few guys locally that hide their collections in the Huntington Beach area.
Darren C
Hey, that looks like my collection (allbeit I have far less white cars!) ...... :-)
EdwardBlume
My son has a lot of those cars in his collection..... Matchbox. av-943.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Mar 29 2016, 05:25 PM) *

See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;vinid=17642
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.