Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanHansen
It´s almost one year since I bought my 914, and a bit of progress has been done.
First a total dismantling of the entire car. then it was sent to a chemical dip in Stuttgart, Germany, it revealed a very sound body with only a few issues to solve.
The car was then delivered to the body shop, where the GT flares, fitment of the front and rear fiber bumper, front and rear fiber hoods, cut-outs for oil tank and cooler replacement of the rear trunk plate, rear floor pans and the front bottom with new ones.
The reinforcement of the body is almost done, next up is the new engine mount for the 2.2T rebuild engine, and sometime soon, it will be ready for paint, Phoenix-Red.
Cairo94507
Very nice looking car and progress. Keep up the good work and of course, keep posting pictures for all of us to enjoy. beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Very nice looking car and progress. Keep up the good work and of course, keep posting pictures for all of us to enjoy. welcome.png beerchug.gif
whitetwinturbo
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
914fahrer

Very nice work .We need more pictures.I am not so far away from you. bye1.gif

Ralf
DanHansen
I´ll keep you posted...
malcolm2
beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
agree.gif beerchug.gif
falcor75
Hej hej och välkommen! smile.gif
DanHansen
With in the next couple of days, the car is ready for some color.
Now, original the car was born in Phoenix-Red, and I´m thinking another orig. 914 color?
Or should I stick with it?
DanHansen
In a couple of weeks, the entire body should be ready from the paint-shop.
The Saturn-Gelb is pretty eye-catchy...
The "GT-pull" headlight system is almost in and the brackets for the shoulder harness is waiting to be bolted in as well.
Next up, is the undercarriage that need to be restored.
76-914
I feel a very nice 914 build is on the horizon. popcorn[1].gif
green914
looking good 1 agree.gif
I am trying to decide if I should keep the stock color on one of mine, it is also Phoenix-red. If you are going for resale value keep it original, but if you are building a keeper - and it sure looks like it - paint it what ever color you like.
DanHansen
Long time, no see....
The entire car is painted, and ready for assembly..
But due two other projects, this one will have to wait until fall/winther.
I will see to, that the entire undercarriage are fully renovated and ready to go in, when times come, and the gauges will be send to NHS for a refurb and customizing...
jmitro
looks fantastic
DanHansen
Thanks Jimitro...
It´s is really good looking, even the balsa re-inforced front and rear hood looks good...
Cairo94507
Looks terrific beerchug.gif
whitetwinturbo
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
DanHansen
Almost a year, since my last report... So here are an update.
I moved my garage and got a bigger place so I could have the cars together with enough room to work around them without trouble.
So while I got that place sorted out, I stored the body-shell at a good friends place..
This weekend, it finally was moved to my place, that was great seeing it again.
I hope that I can start on it, next winter, as I got 2 other projects that I need to attend to..Click to view attachment
raynekat
Looks great....and I'd like to know more about the Z project. smile.gif
whitetwinturbo
Yellow cars are faster.......................... beer3.gif
914-300Hemi
Looks great. Keep the progress going.
NeunEinVier
Looks great, what's project number three?
fishgeckos
That's an incredible amount of work. Looks amazing and will be top-notch when done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.