Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 70 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gcrotvik
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-6-/322...em=322055233419

VIN tag in front trunk not in the correct location. Possible front end repair.
Jett
Is the weird welding around the front right inner fender normal for a Six? I assume not.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Jett @ Mar 29 2016, 09:08 AM) *

Is the weird welding around the front right inner fender normal for a Six? I assume not.

No, I checked on several early cars, that panel is spot welded on.
toolguy
Wrong rear bumper, looks like one of those aftermarket plastic dash caps, recirculating gas vapor charcoal tank and lines missing at ft trunk and at motor, and Ansa muffler with no rear valance are the minor things. They can always be fixed. .
carr914
But the Seller almost won the 24 Hours of LeMans with Paul Newman

Click to view attachment
bretth
WTH the data plate was moved. What other half ass repairs are hiding in there.

Brett
PancakePorsche
For sure took a punch to right front. Inner wheel house looks like a bag of walnuts too. As mentioned this could be re-done proper but the price should come down a bit. I just do not understand that tag deal. Like a beacon saying "hey you, take a good and careful look"
raynekat
Just not worth it for the price they are asking.
Needs to be a good $15k less (or more) considering all the obvious things.
Just imagine the things that are not easily seen from the pics.

Now this car is by far....a much better deal.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=279638
toolguy
Dick Barbour was a significant force in Imsa and Porsche Cup in 1979 -80's. . Started off as owning Datsun dealership in L.A., then in the early 70's owned the 2nd San Diego Porsche dealership. . Dick owned his racecars and at times teamed with Andretti and also Paul Newman in many races. His 1980 Porsche Cup and Imsa winning driver was John Fitzpatrick. . they dominated both series.

Dick and Brian Redman co drove his car to win the IMSA class in the 1980 24 Hours of LeMans and took 5th place overall

One interesting story is in his 1980 IMSA 935, there were 2 rear windows. . Dick was cagey and used the rules to his advantage. . . according to the IMSA rule, the back window hard to be in the factory location and unaltered. . So Dick had his crew construct his 935 with a 2nd window located slightly above the factory window and at a decreased slope angle to achieve a superior wind flow over the car and rear spoiler.

You can see how the rear roof line is modified in this picture
sixnotfour
vapor charcoal tank and lines missing

not all had this ..

2000 Lemans
Dick Barbour Racing has lost its GT-class win in last month's Le Mans 24 Hours: The team's Porsche 911 GT3-R's fuel tank was larger than the 100-liter capacity limit and was disqualified

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/barbo...d#ixzz46ZcYUcOf
rgalla9146

This car was at Hershey last year or the year before.
It had a very wide drivers ( ?) front door gap.
I remember the VIN ending in 916 (and it's the same color as my car)
The fuel filter is installed backward and the wrong rear bumper is a re-chrome nightmare.
And that's probably just the start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.