Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto. Atlanta body seal kit quality?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lodger@aol.com
Has anyone got experience with Automobile Atlanta's self-manufactured 914 body seal kit? It's P/N B914 236 00, $399. The kit is a fraction of the price of genuine Porsche parts.

I'm refurbishing my relatively clean & very original '76 2.0 liter, goal = clean/dry/solid daily driver, with a possible restoration years in the future. Thanks for any feedback.
JmuRiz
I would say the popular "don't buy anything from AA" biggrin.gif I got one part from them and took a lot of back and forth to get it correct...I'm sure others have had the same issue when tempting their fate.
vortrex
I bought a seal from them before, very cheap quality rubber. I ended up throwing it out and getting the real deal.
Brad Roberts
Staying nice:

The repro rubber does not fit. You will spend more time trying to make it fit with cutting and splicing.. you end up with a hacked piece of rubber that STILL leaks.

Ask around. Lots of people have good used rubber. Check with people that live in northern states that dont get 100 degree days during the summer. These people normally have decent dashes and good factory rubber for sale.

B
lodger@aol.com
Thanks for the prompt (& clearly unanimous: thumbs-down) response...I'll pony up for the real items.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.