Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to remove e brake cable from trailing arm?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
Hi,
Can someone explain how to remove the e brake cables from the trailing arms?
Thanks in advance.
Jack
malcolm2
QUOTE(jack20 @ Mar 29 2016, 02:10 PM) *

Hi,
Thanks in advance.
Jack

So you have disconnected it from the caliper? removed the clip, remove the pin. Might have to add slack from the handle side or at the adjuster nut at the firewall tube. It should pull thru the hole in the trailing arm once it is all disconnected?
jack20
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Mar 29 2016, 12:24 PM) *

Hi,
Thanks in advance.
Jack

So you have disconnected it from the caliper? removed the clip, remove the pin. Might have to add slack from the handle side or at the adjuster nut at the firewall tube. It should pull thru the hole in the trailing arm once it is all disconnected?

The calipers have been removed. Is there a bushing to b removed on the trailing arm that I can't see?
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(jack20 @ Mar 29 2016, 12:32 PM) *

Hi,
Thanks in advance.
Jack

The calipers have been removed. Is there a bushing to b removed on the trailing arm that I can't see?

There is a clip slid over the cable at the trailing arm. You must pull the clip out and pull the cable through the hole.
jack20
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 29 2016, 12:38 PM) *

QUOTE(jack20 @ Mar 29 2016, 12:32 PM) *

Hi,
Thanks in advance.
Jack

There is a clip slid over the cable at the trailing arm. You must pull the clip out and pull the cable through the hole.

Perfect. Thanks. I should scrape this thing off then maybe I can answer my own question
Thank you!!
jimkelly
pic
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.