Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "tit" reduction on '74 bumper...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
took off the factory bumperetts/tits on my '74 bumpers, replaced them with the bumperettes from a '75/76 bumper...I have not done the rear bumper, but once I find another donor set, those will be changed as well.....oh yea, tow job due to some kind of electrical failure today sad.gif

user posted image
grantsfo
I'm thinking of going titless soon as well. Nice job. And those wheels are growing on me.
Mueller
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Mar 26 2005, 09:09 PM)
I'm thinking of going titless soon as well. Nice job. And those wheels are growing on me.

the reason for keeping "something" on the bumper is due to the bumper being bent right behind the bumperettes...both front and rear bumper sad.gif

I dig the rims, the ride with these 205/40/17's is way,way better than what I expected....I have 225/45/17's on my Volvo and the 914 rides smoother that the turbo-brick smile.gif

no idea what kind of shocks I have, but I know once I put the Koni Yellows on it (after I buy em, ouch) I'm sure the ride will be just as good...and then the roller bearings will be the icing on the cake for a smooth ride wub.gif
ChrisFix
That looks really nice...are those from either 75 or 76? Having something between you and a momentary lapse of judgement (crunchhhh...) isn't a bad idea in general, and I think those are a great compromise between the trip hazards I have on my '74 and nothing at all.
Joe Bob
Why not do a total mastectomy? It's not like those things are worth a damn.....and the bumper looks a lot cleaner...
Mueller
QUOTE ("Z" @ Mar 26 2005, 09:27 PM)
Why not do a total mastectomy? It's not like those things are worth a damn.....and the bumper looks a lot cleaner...

bumpers are too wavy behind the orignal ones.....I've tired to straighten them out as good as i can, but they look terrible totally bare icon8.gif
Joe Bob
Yeah...yer right....BTDT.....ya know, if the bumper isn't TOO far gone, DAve at GPR has a pretty good trade in for a refurbished bumper program....I did two on Blondie before I sold it.....they were "tits"....w/o tits.... cool_shades.gif
boxstr
Total Mastectomy....
skline
That is the second car I have seen like that. Elliot Cannon has them on his car too. I noticed it last time he was over here.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 26 2005, 11:56 PM)
That is the second car I have seen like that. Elliot Cannon has them on his car too. I noticed it last time he was over here.

yup...

elliot cannon these on his ride.... i will do this too biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
I think those "tit-ettes" only came on California cars, not 49 state models. Good idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.