Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: 911 Burns at NY Auto Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
It was a bad day for the 2016 DUB Show Tour after a Porsche 911 Turbo associated with the tour caught fire ahead of its 2016 New York Auto Show dates. And yes, the entire fiasco was caught on video.

It's not clear how the fire started, but reports from the scene and video footage show smoke pouring off the 911. Worryingly, the fire seems to have been inside the Jacob Javits Convention Center, after New York's NBC affiliate reported smoke "spewing" throughout the sprawling facility. Workers can be heard shouting to get away from the burning 993 while at least one brave soul attacked the flaming sports car with a fire extinguisher.

Despite the seriousness of the video, an aftershot – shown above – from the guy behind the video, Instagram user Zuumy, shows that there doesn't seem to be that much damage on the surface. The car just looks very, very dusty and dirty.

According to WNBC, the New York Fire Department hasn't received any incident reports about the fire. And while it's part of the show, there's no reference to a 993 911 on the DUB Show Tour's Instagram or official page. Bummer, we know. You can check out the video of the blaze below.

video: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/31/porsche...er-fire-report/
billh1963
That's a shame...hate seeing any Porsche go up in smoke.

Well, except maybe a cayenne, macan, or panamera evilgrin.gif
bretth
Damn that sucks. I find it hard to imagine that driving the car indoor and at presumably low speed could get the car hot enough to cause a fire.

Brett
Racer
Little oil leak onto a hot exhaust?
snakemain
You should always make sure you're flame-proof when you put a ginormous wing on top of a ginormous wing on a Porsche, and that's why.

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 31 2016, 02:39 PM) *

That's a shame...hate seeing any Porsche go up in smoke.

Well, except maybe a cayenne, macan, or panamera evilgrin.gif

Hey! I like my Macan! The feel from the driver's seat is honestly strikingly similar to sitting in a 911, at least in the showroom. Much more so than a Cayenne. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.