Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elliots Bike rack
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Elliot Cannon stopped by last week and I forgot to post these pictures. If any of you are bike riders, this may be of some interest to you. I thought it was pretty cool and I am sure you will too. If you have any questions about it, send him a PM and I am sure he would be glad to let you know how he did it. Here are a few pictures of it.

skline
Next
skline
The mount
skline
Same on both sides
skline
It even opens with it in place.
skline
opened and locked
skline
Last one
wrpspddrvr
Whoa! I'm totally interested! The bike shop I work in carries Yakima stuff- nice racks! biggrin.gif
Is that one totally removable, or.....?
What's his PM?

Cole monkeydance.gif
Gint
Learn to use the board software's features....

Elliot Cannon's profile
Joe Bob
Nice looking rack.....I did it the cheap way... cool_shades.gif

I used an old ski rack that mounts under the targa bar, bolted a cheapo skewer and clamp assembly and modified the rear bumper ski mount to accept the rear wheel. It was not as cool as the Canyon job but it was functional....
lotus_65
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 27 2005, 10:06 AM)
Learn to use the board software's features....

Elliot Cannon's profile

that's off the hook. i was just about to research adding a rack- something like a chrome MGB style on the rear (more for luggage than biking). it would take drilling though. i don't know if i want to pierce my car that way.
this makes some more sense, esp. because I have a rack gathering dust from a 98 jetta i sold.

thanks for the ideas!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.