Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know the going rate for 901 gears?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
C.Plavan
Hi Guys,
I was wondering what the going rate is for some 901 gears. Have any of you bought any of these? Ballpark $$$?
These are the gear prices I'm looking for.
"M"
"S"
"Y"
"T"
"Z"

Thanks in adavance
xitspd
QUOTE (C.Plavan @ Mar 27 2005, 10:05 AM)
Hi Guys,
I was wondering what the going rate is for some 901 gears. Have any of you bought any of these? Ballpark $$$?
These are the gear prices I'm looking for.
"M"
"S"
"Y"
"T"
"Z"

Thanks in adavance

Call Steve/Slammer at 714-637-1234. His shop is in Orange, CA less than 20 minutes from you.... He is great with 901's and has a lot of parts for them.
sixnotfour
CarQuip in Colorado, for gears.

(303) 443 1343
contact at: email@carquip.com

rhodyguy
welcome c. plavan. congrats on joining.

k
ArtechnikA
M is the standard 3rd gear in 914's and they should be plentiful.
S, T, Y, and Z are in the optional 4th gear territory, although Z is short enough that it could be useful as 5th in a rallye car. i don't know if they were standard in any car.

as always, value is closely related to desirability. a gearset that came standard in no road car is going to be rare, but unless it's exactly what someone needs for a particular application, it may be of lesser usefulness (and therefore desirability) ...

from time to time, the V8 guys still running 901's like the optional 'H' 2nd gear for its ability to run as a very tall 5th with the drive/driven gears flipped. as most Porsches came equipped with 2nd gear integral with the mainshaft, 'H' was always an optional ratio...
J P Stein
I priced a 1st gear at Otto's and it was reasonable. Unfortunately, it was not the one I wanted ...C.I did find a B and bought it at 400 bucks.....which was more than Otto's wanted. Car Quip wanted 600-700 (IIRC) and didn't have the B gear. If I was shopping for more, I'd try Otto's again.
Rich Bontempi
M is not the standard gear for 914's. That would be N!
TimT
I have a bunch of 901 gears. I sold an X to a fella for $200, I really have no Idea what the gears are worth though..

Well maybe I do, I bought a gear I needed from Gary Fairbanks for $300

Car Quip is a rip-off
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.