Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runs like crap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
14Maschine
I have a 75 1.8. I plugged up the EGR where it was hooked up at the muffler. I unplugged the EGR valve where it Tees to the distributor/throttle body. I still have to plug up the other hole where it goes right below the air cleaner. And the oil filler tube. I did a bunch of tune up stuff. Including replacing the decel valve. I did my timing also. Seems that when I advance my timing the problem goes away entirely. However the car dosnt run any better. At idle and during excel. even during de-excel. She backfires. I wonder if I need to hook my EGR back up. Im considering just welding it back into the muffler. I think advancing the timing is making the engine compust cooler, like when the EGR was hooked up. Any advice is apreciated. I might end up taking the car to a professional. If anyone wants to spare my bank account and come by. To listen or throw some ideas around. That would also be apreciated.
rhodyguy
go plug the other hole and see what happens? you should be following the current l-jet thread closely.

k
14Maschine
Thanx rhody. Youre the only one whos replied to most of my posts! Haha. Anyhoo are you talking about this thread?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=28004
rhodyguy
no, the "L-jet running rich" thread. 2 down the page? go plug that hole and get back to us. dry.gif

k
Dave_Darling
Yup! Any holes or leaks into the intake anywhere "downstream" of the air flow meter will make the car run like crap. Plug up them holes!!

--DD
Gint
QUOTE (14Maschine @ Mar 27 2005, 12:02 PM)
Thanx rhody. Youre the only one whos replied to most of my posts! Haha. Anyhoo are you talking about this thread?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=28004

Ever occurr to you that not many folks are intimately familiar with L-Jet?

But just so you don't feel left out:

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 27 2005, 08:52 PM)
Ever occurr to you that not many folks are intimately familiar with L-Jet?

Speak for yourself...

I know the L-Jet system inside and out. L-Jet is a hell of a lot more common than D-Jet.

Gint
Then answer the man's quqestion and quit flappin...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.