Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission reinstall.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
william harris
OK, so if all goes according to plan, the motor and transmission should be ready to go back in the car this summer. The transmission shifted perfectly before the engine drop, even the linkage was good, shifting was absolutely spot on. So, before I mate the engine and transmission, is there anything I should do? Preventative maintenance? Suggestions? confused24.gif
TravisNeff
If you haven't already, get a full gasket kit for the tranny and replace it all while you are in there. Replace the pivot cup bushing and check to make sure your throwout arm clearance is right (be it either adding or removing washer shims under the cup bushing pivot). Check the operating sleeve on the input shaft and throwout bearing operation. Other than that, check your mounts and then they flywheel side of the engine.
jwalters
Here is something--About the bands needing good grip--I have read allot about staying away from synthetics--what about pouring some GM limited slip friction modifier in as well??? Would it help out any on bands that are not too far away gone yet??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.