Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drive seat won't come out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 freak
I got water under my drivers seat,i broke the ajusting arm and got rusty rails.How can i remove the seat? blink.gif
Jeffs9146
WD40 and two large screw drivers slid between the rails and the seat track! Push hard!

You could move the seat forward and remove the hinge pins and the four bolts holding the rails, then try to take the two bolts that hold the pivot latch in the front. This would require the seat to move forward and back. If your rusted it may not work.
Brad Roberts
Jeff nailed it.

Slide it forward and remove the 4 bolts. I'm betting your going to end up replacing the seat rail pivot points.

Good luck and let us know how it turned out.

B
boxstr
Let me know I have brand new pivots, $25.00. And any other related parts.
Good Luck
Craig C. Laughlin CAMP 914
Dave_Darling
Heck, you can slide it forward and then slide it forward and off...

Easier to get at the bolts that hold the brackets onto the floor pan if you get the seat out of the way entirely.

Push up on the bit that used to be a part of the slider handle. That should let you slide the seat forward until the stop. Then feel under the other seat rail for a tab that is sticking down into the rail. Push up on that, slide the seat forward. It should slide until it falls off.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.