Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-8 ride
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr. Roger
It sounds lame but I'm right in the middle of my 914-8 project and I just realized, "Hey, I've never been in a 914-8 before".
Ideally I'd like to take some pics and ask some questions about your 914 to help with my conversion for which I have a seemingly endless list of questions.

I pray to the mighty 914 gods for a sign, and a little spin, to motivate so that I might muster the motivation to complete this monster! beerchug.gif

Roger
East Bay, California
Mueller
there is one a few blocks away from me Antioch, I'll have to find his info and PM it to to you...word of warning about his car....it is damn near perfect, one of the most clean 914's I've seen, the exterior and interior look like a concour winning vehicle, it's not until he fires it up does the Chevy 350 come to life smile.gif a total sleeper pray.gif
mrihop
If you ever get to So Cal before your own car hits the road, let me know!

If you go to Vegas, go the Renegade shop and get the best ride possible! My ride in their flagship car, "Peel" was in the middle of a 100+ degree July day with roof off and windows down! Getting up to 130....that was the best hot wind I have ever felt!.

I also went to Pahrump, NV last October and got a ride in the same car on the track. That was better than words can describe! I'd be going to that track with my car, but I'd like to invest in a 911 front end for some bigger brakes.....I've been told scary things about playing on the track with stock 914 brakes and V8 power...

The test drive in Vegas last summer really motivated me to get my project done, so don't feel lame! I had only spent about a few horus driving the car I had intended to convert before I started taking it apart.
Aaron Cox
ian...show up on saturday and gimme a ride biggrin.gif
Rand
My ride in their flagship car, "Peel"

Sweet. What a rush.
For $39k OBO, YOU can own that 500HP beast. Another one of those deals where you could never build it for that price. They put over $60k into that car.

The PEAL for sale page
neo914-6
Roger,

I didn't get my carb installed yet because I've been sick this weekend and am home today. Let's shoot for next weekend.
I've also been trying to get up to the Santa Cruz hills to see another members progress on his "extreme" V8. Keep the faith, it will be a fun car to build and drive...
Andyrew
Roger, show up for the autox in stockton on saturday and I'll give ya a ride!

I didnt ride/drive anything with as much tq till I drove my car for the first time...

Ok, about the 10th time It actually had some tq... but still laugh.gif

Felix.. howzabout you come to the autox as well! I'd love to see ya there!
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 28 2005, 02:18 PM)

I didnt ride/drive anything with as much tq till I drove my car for the first time...

Ok, about the 10th time It actually had some tq... but still  :lol:

Oh heck yes.... !!!

Where in Stockton??

I'll bring girlfriend because she's been getting anxious about me finishing this project to race autoX. mueba.gif What can I say, she likes getting pressed hard against the seat....

aktion035.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Mar 28 2005, 06:12 PM)
What can I say, she likes getting pressed hard against the seat....

Hers or the cars??? cool_shades.gif
dan10101
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Mar 28 2005, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 28 2005, 02:18 PM)

Ok, about the 10th time It actually had some tq... but still  :lol:

Oh heck yes.... !!!

Where in Stockton??

Here's the link.

http://svr-autocross.deter.com/

Don't let him get a ticket! He can't drive you on the AX course. Only instructors are allowed to have passengers.

I have to sheetrock... headbang.gif
boxstr
Roger, If you ever get up to the Pacific Northwest, should read Oregon, then stop by CAMP 914. I have a couple of V8s and you can drive either one you want. One is an autocross/street car the other is more of a street beast. Good luck with your project.
CCLINDAMPCAMP
Dr. Roger
Yes!!, Thanks so much everyone.

Hmmmm, some day i'll be heading up north. Bend has some kickin skiing at Mt Bachelor. and the Beef and Brew...... all you can drink...... beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Stockton seems the most likely but I don't know any instructors..... will probably go anyway. Still love a ride, Andyrew. Who knows, I just might meet a great 918 driving instructor.... OK OK, i'll sell my soul for a hot lap around the track......... kiddin'. ohmy.gif

neo914-6
Roger,

There will be a nice mix of V8 914's at the WCC05 Willow Springs in a few weeks...

Craig,

Are you bringing one of yours?

mrihop
QUOTE (RandyLok @ Mar 28 2005, 01:36 PM)
My ride in their flagship car, "Peel"

Sweet. What a rush.
For $39k OBO, YOU can own that 500HP beast. Another one of those deals where you could never build it for that price. They put over $60k into that car.

The PEAL for sale page

The price is right on that car!

You can probably part it out and make some $$$ from the parts it has, but Scott would have your head if he found out! w00t.gif
Dr. Roger
Hey Andyrew,
I just want to verify that you're still going this weekend.
Tell ya' the truth, i'm kinda stoked about just seeing a 914-8. smile.gif
Should I bring the truck if I take you up on those exhaust parts??
boxstr
Felix, Unfortunately, I won't be bringing a V8, but then you never know. I think I am bringing a car down to drop off and pick one up.
CCLINSUNNYCAMP
Dr. Roger
Felix,
Are you bringing your ride down to Willow Springs in a few weeks??
Andyrew
I requested the day off work, so im definately going.. lol

I dont quite know if i'll be able to take the exhaust. I'll try though! (It might not fit in the 914.. lol) you probably wont need a truck...

If for some reason the 914 breaks, I'll drive the 951 or if worse comes to worse, my moms mitsu galant!! lol

neo914-6
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Mar 30 2005, 07:51 AM)
Felix,
Are you bringing your ride down to Willow Springs in a few weeks??

Roger,

That's a good question. I plan to try to swap the 283 with my built 358 on the 9th/10th. Wanna help? I want to swap the rear suspension too. IF all is successful, I may drive or tow it to WCC05. I'm not yet comfortable with my tow set up, 90 Mazda MPV and a borrowed trailer. If I don't bring it, I'll drive down with Chris and his IMSA flared 914 V8. He's iffy on his tow set up too so I'm working some options...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.