Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6 conversion on BAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
JmuRiz
Should be interesting to see what it pulls in!
mb911
That car was mine built by me . not Burlington import sold it about 15 years ago for 12k
JmuRiz
Will hopefully be a nice baseline for us conversion guys for insurance value. I hope it sells for $$
mb911
I polished those wheels myself.. I remember doing them and how much time they took. I wouldn't do it again lol. The 2.7 was completely rebuilt by me in my shop and ran great so I wonder what happened with the one head..

Notice that the oil cooler in the front trunk is the same as what I put in and it was not a Patrick setup but a b&m oil cooler and I made all the shrouding..

The headers were a bear as well. I sat under the cars for days...
GK914
So MB911, I saw your post on the BaT site. I am the former owner of the previous 914 that sold on Bat last week. Are you saying that the car is like it was 12 years ago when you sold it? They are saying there are 5000 miles since the car was restored. Based on the mileage listed, is that an accurate story of the car over the past 13 years? Very nice build by the way.
mb911
QUOTE(GK914 @ Apr 3 2016, 07:37 PM) *

So MB911, I saw your post on the BaT site. I am the former owner of the previous 914 that sold on Bat last week. Are you saying that the car is like it was 12 years ago when you sold it? They are saying there are 5000 miles since the car was restored. Based on the mileage listed, is that an accurate story of the car over the past 13 years? Very nice build by the way.

Pretty much the same.. They changed the tires and fuel pump.. I had a spare mounted as you can see from the fiting welded on the fire wall.

It does not have a PMS oil cooler that is a b&m and my own fabricated shroud..

I built the engine myself, made the engine mounts , headers, muffler, painted the car myself.. Call me if you want to talk about it 262 364 74two six
matthepcat
This car is a value as of now, but I am sure it will spike up by the end of the auction.
rhodyguy
Appears to be a very well executed build. Nice work!
mb911
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 6 2016, 11:55 AM) *

Appears to be a very well executed build. Nice work!

Thanks .. I wish I had it back. Only cost me 10k to build all those years ago.. With all new parts..
carguy987
The bad part about BAT is there is a 5% buyers fee. So even if you get the car for 20K add another $1,000 buyers fee then shipping to your city then sales tax, etc.
eBay does not have a buyers fee. And if you are a bidder eBay at least notifies you when auction is ending. I don't think BAT does that. Also when you bid BAT puts a hold on your credit card. headbang.gif
JmuRiz
So with fees it sold for 27,300.

Good to know for insurance purposes for us other conversion guys.
mb911
Definitely a good data point and the best part this car was never got with no rust repair so virgin..

Ironically an interested party tracked me down and wants me to build him similar to that one.
r_towle
Any larger pictures of those headers?
vdavie
The Bat thing is a bit tricky. I bought an M5 Not to long ago and it was not what the guy said it was and the fee makes it even worse. You think for the fee they would do a bit more homework on the car before listing it. It almost give you false sense of security. I won't do the Bat thing again.

Vince
mb911
QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 10 2016, 06:46 AM) *

Any larger pictures of those headers?

I will have to look I probably have them saved on an old computer.. I built that car (just looked ) 17 years ago..

I am going to start producing a much better design in the near future
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.