Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine wire question - AAR & Oil Pressure connector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Hi All,

As shown, the engine has cleaned up nicely and everything is just about back on. A few gaps in photos, notes, or memory but not too bad.

Finishing up the wiring harnesses this evening. Question I have regards the wire that comes from the bottom of the AAR valve (it is red wire in photo with single spade connector). Where does that attach to.

Similar question regarding what I think is the oil pressure switch (the one right by the oil cooler). What wire connects to that?

Thanks,

Mike

Click to view attachment
boxsterfan
http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/zTN_Elect_12-pinConnector.jpg

Should be a white wire on the harness coming off of the 12-pin connector from the relay board for the AAR. On my 74 2.0L, this white comes off of the harness from the passenger side.

For the oil pressure sender, it should be green/red stripe again coming from the same harness that comes off the 12-pin connector on the relay board.
ClayPerrine
Looking at your picture, someone put a new wire on the AAR. It attaches to the white wire in the harness.

Amphicar770
Thanks. That did the trick. The two wire from the harness were positioned incorrectly. Once you guys provided the info it was a "doh" moment!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.