Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Artwork/Prints for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Memorabilia
AnthonyM
I'm considering launching a small automotive art business focusing on Porsches and specifically 914's. I'd like to start small with prints/posters/T-shirts and I have attached a few of my designs. This is the greatest site for all things 914 and wanted to get your feedback and interest level.
Tom_T
Are you Photoshopping or other digital?

.... or is that old school acrylic or oil painting for those above?

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
AnthonyM
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 2 2016, 03:34 PM) *

Are you Photoshopping or other digital?

.... or is that old school acrylic or oil painting for those above?

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

I'm using a different digital format, but it looks similar to an oil painting.
Tom_T
QUOTE(AnthonyM @ Apr 2 2016, 01:41 PM) *

I'm using a different digital format, but it looks similar to an oil painting.

Anthony,

I could tell they have that acrylic/oil painting look, but wondered if you actually took brush to hand. And they do look very nice!

However, anybody can do the digital "effects" thing to photos similarly.

Whereas, if you were to personally paint something then digital photo it for your prints & T-shirts, etc. to sell - then it would be both absolutely unique to your hand, & copyrightable (as perhaps a digital version "effects" like the above could be copyrighted too, but not as unique).

If you're using a digital program which allows you to physically paint the pix digitally on a screen or digitizer - rather than modifying a photograph with a set of standard "effects" - then that too would be a modern medium of the same artistic talent to recreate something with your eyes & hands.

So if you have the real painting skills - &/or water color, sketching, pen & ink, etc. or their digital equivalents - then I encourage you to do so & keep that old school talent alive, as well as our old school 914s! That would be the difference between say a Pixar type digital artist doing their own full blown creation - & Joe or Jane Anyone just clicking a button to modify a photo with some other programmer's predetermined set of effects.

It's just so much more rewarding for you & everybody, than using an "effects" routine in a photo program!

Not that you can't do well in a side business making & selling "photo digitally modified pix" as prints & wear.

Good Luck on your venture! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
AnthonyM
Tom,

Thanks for your feedback.
turk22
Looks like FotoSketcher.

I like it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.