Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring cleaning Vroom Vroom
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gunn1
Over a month ago life happened and the 914 got tarped up and I went on with other things.....Until today.

Spring cleaning outside eventually took me by the car, which got me to thinking "geez I haven't even driven the car yet".

When it landed here in January everything out here in the country was covered in ice and snow and even though the car would run I couldn't drive it because of the lack of traction (High Perf summer tires) before it got tarped It was stripped of all interior and I built and installed jigs for both sides to keep the car from "drooping" to much more until I figured out what I was going to do with it.

Fast forward to today, pulled the tarp off, put battery in, turned the key and it fired right up! just as if I had it running the day before. While the car was warming up the drivers seat was dropped in and then me.

Vroom, Vroom, Pushed the clutch in put her in first and away we go! I cannot believe how quick it is off the line.....I also cant believe how comfortable I am in this car, I'm 6'6".

This is going to be a lot of fun!
Tom_T
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Glad you enjoyed your driving.gif anyway!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Gunn1
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 4 2016, 02:31 PM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Glad you enjoyed your driving.gif anyway!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom,

Yeah didn't think about pictures much until I was buzzing around, and by that time I was having to much fun!

Sometimes using your imagination to paint a picture can work to.....

My wife and girls were looking out the windows at me with Big smiles on their faces as I went around the driveway, dust flying everywhere.... then through the front yard to the back yard with the Berner's barking at me, I was just about to park it back in its parking spot. Then I decided I wasn't done ....took it for another loop.
Lather, rinse, repeat. That's the most fun rapped up into ten minutes that I've had in a long time, but I don't get out much so......

Gunnar driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.