I had these on my car until recently, when I replaced them with a pair of the Stoddard/Dansk reproductions. They were working well, producing lots of heat. I replaced them to get newer units made of better materials and with slightly larger primary pipes (1.5” vs 1.375”, a better fit to my 3.0 engine), not because they had failed in any way. The flanges and pipes are in good condition. I tested them for leaks after removing them by plugging the ends and pressurizing with air, and both sides held ~40psi for over an hour and a half without any noticeable leak-down.

The heater shrouding is sound, but has been patched in several places. A previous owner patched small places on the top of the driver’s side and the bottom of the passenger side and added a bung on the top of the passenger side to feed pre-heated air to a mechanical injection engine.

When I removed them from my car, I found areas of thinned metal and rust on the bottom of both driver and passenger sides and welded on patches to fix this. The driver’s side required a small patch near the middle directly under one of the pipes and plugging of three small holes under another of the pipes. The passenger side had a larger area of rusted-through and thinned metal under one of the pipes and two smaller areas of thinned metal and small holes under another pipe. Rather than apply separate patches, I elected to patch this entire area in order to move the welds out to areas of sound metal and make them easier to do.

I’ve left the units as I cleaned them up for inspection and welding, as you can see in the photos, so you can see the patched area clearly and so that whoever winds up with them can apply whatever rust prevention he wants without having to reverse anything I did.

$1500 for the pair, plus shipping. I will ship in the same boxes that Stoddard shipped the reproductions to me. Boxed up weight is 42lbs. and the box is 10x34x50 inches. For reference, the shipping charge from Ohio to the SF Bay Area was $165. PM me if interested.

Pictures:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Passenger side bottom prior to repair:

Click to view attachment

Patch before welding:

Click to view attachment