Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After 10 Years in the Garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grimstead
With my 75' now exempt from Cal smog emissions (aftermarket Weber’s) and some gentle pushing from my Wife to either fix it or sell it, I decided to fix it. After sitting in my garage for almost 10 years, I Got her (the car, not the Wife) started easily enough. Now to make a long story short, one engine fire, two carburetor rebuilds & some new fuel lines later headbang.gif , we jump ahead two weeks to this last Sunday and I think we may just be all right! Here are some pictures after the first wash in a decade.....
Yoei66
Nice ride!!!!!!!!!
Grimstead
Ooops, the first one was a little too big huh?
unsure.gif
Grimstead
You can see some of the fire damage between the C & H mad.gif
Grimstead
How about one more for the night? Thank you in advance for humoring my indulgence biggrin.gif
914helo
Nice looking ride smilie_pokal.gif Go out and enjoy it; it doesn't rain here in Southern California laugh.gif
GWN7
Nice looking car smilie_pokal.gif
Grimstead
Thank you both! smile.gif I didn't know how much I missed driving her untill I got back behind the wheel. The best news is this time around, she doesn't need to be my DD.
clap.gif
nebreitling
WTG! smilie_pokal.gif nice looking car, welcome to the board.

hope the wife starts without as much difficulty!
markb
Wow! If it wasn't for the late bumper, that could be my car! Pre deer denting, of course. laugh.gif Nice car. Now you know why it's recommended to change the fuel lines if it's been sitting a long while. Glad it came thru OK.
CptTripps
Yeah, my car had the plastic lines replaced with....more plastic lines! I'll be crossing that vbridge this week.

Looks fantastic! What size tires are on those Fuchs? They look lower-profile than the stock 195-60-15.

Welcome to the club!
redshift
I like that color, it's a nice looking car.. I also like the LW chalks.

smile.gif

M
rick 918-S
Dang! aktion035.gif
Gint
That car appears to definitely be worth the effort.

Welcome to the Club! beer.gif
mudfoot76
Beautiful car, and welcome to the club!!
tat2dphreak
very nice! drooley.gif
aircooledboy
ohmy.gif HOLY CRAPOLY!!!!

What a beauty. smilie_pokal.gif Ain't nothin' in my garage that's been sitting in there for 10 years that looks like that. laugh.gif Man I love the dark blue cars, and those polished Fuchs look great. drooley.gif

Welcome to the club. beerchug.gif
Oh, and by the way, most of us are insane, screwy.gif so try never to take anything too personally around here chairfall.gif .
Joe Ricard
I SOOOO love that color. Alaska Blue metallic. wub.gif Well next to yellow dry.gif
Great going now promise us to drive it everyday.
msglaigaie
Beauty eh? And you have my favorite colors, black and blue. One question, after all that time, why is it parked. You must drive, stop for fuel, oil and valve adjust, and then drive.....
MSG L
Grimstead
Thanks for all the replys. biggrin.gif

What size tires are on those Fuchs? They look lower-profile than the stock 195-60-15.

They are 195/50's, they really do make a difference.

One thing about the fire is that even though the fuel lines needed replacement, the fire started from a gasket leak on one of the 44's. But you are all right, I should have done all the replacements before I took it out (I let myself get carried away hearing it start up wub.gif ).

One of my next steps is to find someone close by that can give me an honest second opinion on where I should go next, any takers??? unsure.gif

Bill
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Grimstead @ Mar 30 2005, 09:32 AM)
Thanks for all the replys. biggrin.gif

What size tires are on those Fuchs? They look lower-profile than the stock 195-60-15.

They are 195/50's, they really do make a difference.

One thing about the fire is that even though the fuel lines needed replacement, the fire started from a gasket leak on one of the 44's. But you are all right, I should have done all the replacements before I took it out (I let myself get carried away hearing it start up wub.gif ).

One of my next steps is to find someone close by that can give me an honest second opinion on where I should go next, any takers??? unsure.gif

Bill

im local to you....

also.... are we going to see you at the BBQ on saturday?
flyloki
Very nice. Is that color Alaska Blue Metallic? If it's original paint I would love to hear what the color code sticker shows on the door sill.

Thanks,

John
Midtowner
Beautiful ride! Makes me wonder how many other 914's are still stored out of sight. Mine was stored for 16 years before dragging it out last December! smile.gif
Grimstead
Very nice. Is that color Alaska Blue Metallic? If it's original paint I would love to hear what the color code sticker shows on the door sill.

I don't rember the paint code anymore (had it painted a little over 11 years now) but it wasn't a stock color but at least it was a Porsche color.

AAron... im local to you....

Thanks AAron, I was hoping you would take the bait rolleyes.gif

mueba.gif rocking nana.gif
Something about those Banana guys I just find appealing. happy11.gif
Aaron Cox
smile.gif glad to help biggrin.gif
skline
So are you going to attend the Huge BBQ this weekend?? Largest turnout of 914's on the west coast since the WCC last year.
Aaron Cox
his daughters first soccer game......

too bad....

AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.