Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glen Cordle Porsche art and illustrration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Optimusglen
Edit to update a lot of info.

Hi all, as a hobby I run glencordle.com and I'm on Instagram @glen.cordle creating high quality Porsche-centric artwork. In the beginning I was doing entirely vector based illustrations, I have now converted over to 3D digital modeling and image rendering from those models.

I don't really have the time to do personal commissions these days, if you're interested in a commission you can email me info@glencordle.com I charge $150/hr for design work IF I have time to bring on new projects. I have a regular day job and a family, so I can't devote a ton of time to this.

I am a contributor to 000 Magazine, you can see my work in the "Build" starting with issue #007.

Now, for some examples of my work:

Latest work - Summer 2022
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Winter 2019/2020
IPB Image

IPB Image

other work, fall 2018
IPB Image

Older vector work:

IPB Image
1459789655.3.jpg[/img]

Here is a set of illustrations depicting some components of a Carrera RS2.7
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Mueller
Very cool....will have to add some of your stuff to my garage when I get to that project.
BuddyV
great work/style.... but you need more 914's brother!

piratenanner.gif
Optimusglen
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Apr 8 2016, 09:57 PM) *

great work/style.... but you need more 914's brother!

piratenanner.gif

After a long delay finishing up some big projects, I was finally able to start on the personal project I've been wanting to do since the day I bought my 914.

IPB Image

And then with a few changes, I made this.
IPB Image

These will be going up on my Society6 shop soon if anyone wants very high quality prints.
Optimusglen
Getting some more 914 drawings rolling.

First, here's what my current 914 project will look like once it's finished. Tangerine 914 with Dan Gurneys
IPB Image

I have this as living document, I can change colors, wheels, etc. Even change layers that I made, one with reflections of a narrow body car, and the other with the reflections of the GT widebody car.

This would of course be the GT, this time in Signal orange.
IPB Image

And a 914-6 in Willow Green
IPB Image

Another 914 with blacked out Fuchs and color matched bumpers. Top off here.
IPB Image

I can also create one without the appearance package, just haven't yet. So far I only have the Fuchs and the Gurneys set up, once I draw a few more common wheels for 914's I'll post them. Will probably do the 2.0 Fuchs, some Minilites, who knows what else.

Let me know if any of you guys want a print of your car, if it falls into any of these options it'll be cheap.
Shawn Stanford
Sexy! Do you do 928s?
Optimusglen
QUOTE(Shawn Stanford @ Aug 3 2016, 08:09 AM) *

Sexy! Do you do 928s?

I have one 928 under my belt, here's a low res image of it.

IPB Image
Optimusglen
Some of you might like this. Large poster prints available, have not yet figured out pricing though, going to get a few test prints made and go from there.

IPB Image

I created this based off of the original blueprint, line by line, so that it's recreated in vector format. Omitted a few things and revised the title block, may make some revisions before I print.
Optimusglen
Edit: old info
Optimusglen
Alright, 914 blueprint posters are ready to go. The artwork was recreated line by line, with some changes here and there (i.e. Fuchs)

I have 3 standard sizes, but can accomodate other sizes. Again, since everything I do is vector, I can enlarge or shrink it to whatever size is needed.

IPB Image
Optimusglen
Sorry, no 914 content in this post, but I did just complete a run of all 15 1973-1974 IROC Carrera RSR's.

IPB Image

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
JmuRiz
AWESOME, could you run a poster with all those IROC cars on one sheet?
Optimusglen
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Oct 13 2016, 07:49 AM) *

AWESOME, could you run a poster with all those IROC cars on one sheet?

Yes! It's already in the works, finalizing the poster still with correct margin and bleed, but it'll look something like this.

IPB Image
Optimusglen
Some of my premium custom illustrations, these three were completed for one client/collector. These are all 100% vector.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Optimusglen
And currently working my way through a series of illustrations, here's a couple.

IPB Image

IPB Image
oakpark
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Jul 24 2016, 04:01 PM) *

Getting some more 914 drawings rolling.

First, here's what my current 914 project will look like once it's finished. Tangerine 914 with Dan Gurneys
IPB Image

I have this as living document, I can change colors, wheels, etc. Even change layers that I made, one with reflections of a narrow body car, and the other with the reflections of the GT widebody car.

This would of course be the GT, this time in Signal orange.
IPB Image

And a 914-6 in Willow Green
IPB Image

Another 914 with blacked out Fuchs and color matched bumpers. Top off here.
IPB Image

I can also create one without the appearance package, just haven't yet. So far I only have the Fuchs and the Gurneys set up, once I draw a few more common wheels for 914's I'll post them. Will probably do the 2.0 Fuchs, some Minilites, who knows what else.

Let me know if any of you guys want a print of your car, if it falls into any of these options it'll be cheap.

Optimusglen
Thought you all might like to see one of my latest illustrations, this one inspired by Eric @ PMB and his ORV 914 build.

IPB Image

Still need to go back in and add some mudflaps. And I'd like to create another version with it covered in mud.
Optimusglen
Just wanted to sling a little update in here. A few things to note

-I am suspending sales of any/all Porsche artwork. At least until I can get some answers on IP and copyright rights and laws. Trying to work out what it will take to get licensed and if it's financially worth it. I can still do bespoke artworks under the direction of a client, but I can't create an artwork on my own and market/sell it to multiple people.

-I continue to post all of my stuff on Instagram @glen.cordle free of charge of course.

-I am still a contributor for 000 magazine. From what I understand the laws that govern media and publications are different than what an artist can do solo. I'm sure there's a lot more that goes into it on their end.

And that's about it. Since I'm not selling anything via this thread anymore I'll probably let it slip into the abyss. I'll update my post in the main forum from time to time with new stuff. Cheers!

IPB Image

IPB Image
mepstein
I really like your work. I hope you can do my car when it’s done. beerchug.gif
euro911
I really need to replenish my t-shirt drawer ... it would be great to get some t-shirts with your artwork. I won't tell anybody where I acquired them happy11.gif
bahnzai
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment

Finally got these framed.
Great work Glen.
Thanks!!
914-Kazoo
I'd also be interested in T-shirts. Print on Hanes beefy T's, quality print on a quality T-shirt. Let me know if you ever offer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.