Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PK Umbrella saved my windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sea Dragon 914
I live in a two story house that sits on top of a 3-garage. Last weekend I was working or replacing the railing on my second floor balcony (I have an lower balcony which is on top the garage and the garage sticks out about 10 feet from the front of the lower balcony. The upper balcony is only above the 2-car portion of the garage. I didn't move my Auburgine 914 because I figured if anything fell off the balcony, it would fall straight where the drive way was clear. confused24.gif

Anyway, I was removing an old section of the railing when my 16 ounce claw hammer fell off the deck. It bounced on the tiled slanted portion of the roof outside of the first floor balcony. When it hit the roof, it bounced sideways towards the third car garage where my car was parked. It was like in slow motion as I watched the hammer hit the center of the windshield. Earlier in the day I folded up the sides of the umbrella to allow the car to air out. Well, the hammer hit smack center of the windshield where I had left the umbrella. new_shocked.gif All I could think when I saw the hammer hit was Oh s--t!

I ran down the stairs to check the damage. When I removed the umbrella, no crack! pray.gif rocking nana.gif monkeydance.gif dancinnanner.gif The only thing that happenned was that the rear view mirror fell off which was fine bacause it was glued to the wrong place and I was trying to figure out how to get it off to center it correctly. piratenanner.gif Now all I have to do is to clean it up and re-glue the mounting pad on the right place.

Talk about being lucky! When I work on the balcony next weekend, I'm moving the car.
KELTY360
Have you bought a lottery ticket?
sb914
Great ending, I could almost see it in slow motion as you described it.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 4 2016, 12:51 PM) *

Have you bought a lottery ticket?

agree.gif Buy lottery tickets to all major lotteries.
Sea Dragon 914
Man, I hope this lucky streak continues. I'm heading out to buy the lottery tickets as soon as I get off work.
IronHillRestorations
I don't know how I missed this. Great post!
theer
I'll take one!
Mikey914
We were doing the glass railing on the county cub toweres in vegas and dropped a 3x5 1/4" tempered glass pannel from the 10th floor. Found it on the ground in one piece with the glass cup attached.

That would have been a huge mess to clean up!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.