Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Missing this part...maybe a WTB?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jack20
When I removed my rear control arms a few weeks ago I was careful to sort the parts, as always. I thought I had bagged every part before cleaning.
Today I pulled the parts for test reinstallation and noticed that I was missing a shim.
Here's a picture. I can't imagine that I lost this. We're these on every car and on both left and right sides?
Thank you,
Jack
ejm
That's an alignment shim that sets camber. You might need none or maybe a stack of them. A good alignment when the cars back together will tell you.
jack20
Thanks Ed. I know what it is but is it possible that he car had only 1?
jack20
Meaning had only 1 from new... This car is as original as they get.
Thanks,
Jack
euro911
They didn't necessarily install more than one at the factory ... they only installed what each individual car required ...

... or they aligned your car after lunch break beer3.gif
914_teener
Somebody on this board has made them...and tje originally came in three thicnknesses IIRC.

It is possible that it came with only one. However anytime you redo your suspension you should have an alignment done. When I did minebI put in a WTB for two of each thickness here and then took tje car to an alignment shop with a Hunter rack.
jack20
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 4 2016, 07:56 PM) *

They didn't necessarily install more than one at the factory ... they only installed what each individual car required ...

... or they aligned your car after lunch break beer3.gif

Thanks guys. Very helpful.
Jack
brant
You need to have spares with you when you take the car in for a 4 wheel alignment. Shops don't have them and you may need more at alignment time

jack20
Thanks Brant. Good info.
Jack
euro911
I think I have a couple spare shims from a previous parts car, but I'll need to keep them since I'll be rebuilding the suspension on two cars in the near future.

It would be nice to know if someone IS making them. Mad Dog, maybe?

popcorn[1].gif
ejm
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 5 2016, 03:41 AM) *

You can buy them HERE
mlindner
QUOTE(ejm @ Apr 5 2016, 05:10 AM) *

You can buy them HERE

Mine had two on one side and one on the other.....Best, Mark
euro911
QUOTE(ejm @ Apr 5 2016, 03:10 AM) *
You can buy them HERE
Cool. Thanks Ed beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.