Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 15 x 6 Fuchs, Set of 4, Need to be Refinished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gcrotvik
I have a nice set of 4 straight and clean 15 x 6 Fuchs. I was saving them for my future 6 conversion. I have come to appreciate the Mahle Gasburners due weight reduction.

What are 4, 15 x 6 Fuchs worth these days? I see them listed on PP occasionally for 300 to 350 each and they sell quickly.

Thanks for your input.

Greg
Mark Henry
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Apr 5 2016, 09:45 AM) *

I have a nice set of 4 straight and clean 15 x 6 Fuchs. I was saving them for my future 6 conversion. I have come to appreciate the Mahle Gasburners due weight reduction.

What are 4, 15 x 6 Fuchs worth these days? I see them listed on PP occasionally for 300 to 350 each and they sell quickly.

Thanks for your input.

Greg

Well then.... you already answered your question. Were you hoping for more?

I'd say $800-$1200/set depending on condition, Mint, pro restored will go for more retail.
Used to be able to find a nice set for five bills sad.gif

PotterPorsche
I agree we used to find these for 5-600 for a set. I picked up a 15x6 deep six one time for $100 bucks. 15x4.5 $400 for 2 . Man the good old days
rhodyguy
Maybe 2x mark's estimate. NICE, no trip to al reed needed, 4 lugs are in the $800 for 4 range easily these days. WETMWB. I would think twice before selling the 6" OEM. Cheap guy that I am, if I wanted the look I'd buy the repops from cip1 for $109.99 with free shipping and no taxes, strip the black paint, and paint them matte grey like toolguy did. The dif buys a whole lot of suspension and other goodies.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 5 2016, 07:11 AM) *

Maybe 2x mark's estimate. NICE, no trip to al reed needed, 4 lugs are in the $800 for 4 range easily these days. WETMWB. I would think twice before selling the 6" OEM. Cheap guy that I am, if I wanted the look I'd buy the repops from cip1 for $109.99 with free shipping and no taxes, strip the black paint, and paint them matte grey like toolguy did. The dif buys a whole lot of suspension and other goodies.

I had the same exact thoughts. I need to call them to see what they weigh each. If they are in the 16 to 18 pound range, then they are the same a Fuchs.
Bleyseng
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 5 2016, 06:53 AM) *

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Apr 5 2016, 09:45 AM) *

Thanks for your input.

Greg

Well then.... you already answered your question. Were you hoping for more?

I'd say $800-$1200/set depending on condition, Mint, pro restored will go for more retail.
Used to be able to find a nice set for five bills sad.gif

I got $1200 for a nice unrestored set last year
Mark Henry
I know all the 911 stuff prices are going through the roof, but this is one thing to consider:
The top dollar that you would really like and bottom line what you would be willing to take for an item, is often directly related to how long you will be tripping over them.

I know this is very un-american of me, but lately I would rather make a slightly lower buck selling to a friend or fellow enthusiast, than making top dollar selling to a flipper.
But then I'm Canadian.
Luke M
Greg,

I sold a set of 6x15 fuchs wheels in the fall for $1100.00 and all needed to be refinished. All build dates of 1975.
I sold a 71 dated wheel for $450.00 and it needed to be refinished.

I had them listed on PP and let me tell you I got probably 20 pm's that day.
I had a few people offer more then what I wanted for them. I sold them at my listing price to the first person that responded and said I want them. Do your homework before you post your ad. FYI ....Most guys where looking for a certain build date so list that in your ad.

GLWTS.. beerchug.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Luke M @ Apr 5 2016, 09:54 AM) *

Greg,

I sold a set of 6x15 fuchs wheels in the fall for $1100.00 and all needed to be refinished. All build dates of 1975.
I sold a 71 dated wheel for $450.00 and it needed to be refinished.

I had them listed on PP and let me tell you I got probably 20 pm's that day.
I had a few people offer more then what I wanted for them. I sold them at my listing price to the first person that responded and said I want them. Do your homework before you post your ad. FYI ....Most guys where looking for a certain build date so list that in your ad.

GLWTS.. beerchug.gif

Thanks, Luke. If I recall, all 4 are 74 build dates. They are not date matched though.

Greg
napasteve
FYI back in July of 2013, I paid Harvey Weidman a $300 core charge for each 6x15 Fuchs wheel (these were date stamped around 1975) that he then re-finished for me (additional charge for that). I don't think the market has gone down since then.
PotterPorsche
Im currently find 15x7 and 15x8 cheaper than 15x6. Just motivates me to add the steel flares.

I think I have 30-40 wheels. Wife said no more cars, nothing about carbs and wheels.

We had a running contest among friends first one to 30 Fuchs wins.

Still kicking myself for selling polished 15x6 Fuchs for $800 back in 2000. Back when you could get a rims polished for $100 bucks

rhodyguy
I've read comments about 'fragilness' and the magnesium wheels. I'm willing to carry a FEW extra pounds for a forged wheel that can taking a whacking.
porschetub
IMO these will continue climbing in value....clever full flared 911 owners are peeling the centres out of these and drilling them for wide BBS barrels,if you have priced a used set of 9 X 16's lately this makes perfect sense.
I saw a flared 911 on Pelican a while back with them on they looked really great.
somd914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 5 2016, 12:53 PM) *

I know all the 911 stuff prices are going through the roof, but this is one thing to consider:
The top dollar that you would really like and bottom line what you would be willing to take for an item, is often directly related to how long you will be tripping over them.

I know this is very un-american of me, but lately I would rather make a slightly lower buck selling to a friend or fellow enthusiast, than making top dollar selling to a flipper.
But then I'm Canadian.

agree.gif I find myself doing the same thing.

I also agree these wheels should fetch $1,000-$1,200.
Coondog
I sold my set of five-4 lug on this site with tires for $ 600.00 dollars. Sold in less then 5 minutes Great deal but more then that I made a fellow teener happy. I say two prices my friend.
$ 800.00 for a site member and $ 1000.00 for a outsider. Remember someone's got to pay shipping which puts the the price out of range.

Just my 2 cents, when I put something up for sale I don't want to mess with it. So I always price to move it quickly........Ok Teeners when you see me at the Riverside swap meet don't remind me I said that........ biggrin.gif
flippa
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 5 2016, 09:53 AM) *

I would rather make a slightly lower buck selling to a friend or fellow enthusiast, than making top dollar selling to a flipper.

mad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.