Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Triad West Muffler (Nevermind, not for sale ATM)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RoadGlue
I have a Triad West Performance exhaust that I used on my 2.0 but found it to be too loud/heavy for my taste. Looks like their "Street-legal performance mufflers" found on their website at:

http://www.triadwestperformance.com/products.htm

I'm looking for a 2.0 HE compatible extractor with a single muffler and output as I might also reattach the rear short valance. I've had the Bursch system for years, but I'd at the very least slice off its muffler and attach something a bit raspier like a Magnaflow or similar

Bonus if the exhaust has a flange at the muffler so I can fit my own muffler of choice. Definitely want equal length extractors at the very least.

I'm sorta tire kicking, but I know I don't want this exhaust. $220 or trade towards something else. You pay shipping, but I get great rates through FedEx. Ships from 95401. I'll knock off $20 if you're local and want to pick it up. Not looking forward to boxing this thing up.

I'll take photos this evening and post them here.

Cheers,

Randy
burningman
PM sent
euro911
Wow, that's a good price.

They were a bit loud for my taste as well (old guy), but they DO perform well.

Funny, this is what I get when I tried to access their web site:

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Interesting confused24.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 5 2016, 03:43 PM) *

Definitely want equal length extractors at the very least.

Why?
Adding length to the already very long primaries of heat exchangers only drives the torque peak downward.
ChrisFoley
DP
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Apr 5 2016, 01:55 PM) *

QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 5 2016, 03:43 PM) *

Definitely want equal length extractors at the very least.

Why?
Adding length to the already very long primaries of heat exchangers only drives the torque peak downward.

The more you know! I thought it was important for the lengths to be equal for, um, "performance", but I have nothing to back that up with. :-)
RoadGlue
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 5 2016, 01:47 PM) *

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Interesting confused24.gif

Hmm, working fine from here. Odd indeed.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Apr 5 2016, 12:43 PM) *

I have a Triad West Performance exhaust that I used on my 2.0 but found it to be too loud/heavy for my taste. Looks like their "Street-legal performance mufflers" found on their website at:

http://www.triadwestperformance.com/products.htm

I'm looking for a 2.0 HE compatible extractor with a single muffler and output as I might also reattach the rear short valance. I've had the Bursch system for years, but I'd at the very least slice off its muffler and attach something a bit raspier like a Magnaflow or similar

Bonus if the exhaust has a flange at the muffler so I can fit my own muffler of choice. Definitely want equal length extractors at the very least.

I'm sorta tire kicking, but I know I don't want this exhaust. $220 or trade towards something else. You pay shipping, but I get great rates through FedEx. Ships from 95401. I'll knock off $20 if you're local and want to pick it up. Not looking forward to boxing this thing up.

I'll take photos this evening and post them here.

Cheers,

Randy

Hi Randy,

next in line. i'm interested with the triad muffler too.
thank you!
RoadGlue
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Apr 5 2016, 02:24 PM) *

Hi Randy,

next in line. i'm interested with the triad muffler too.
thank you!

Thanks!
RoadGlue
Hmmm, well I pulled the Triad out into the light this evening. It's rusty and needs servicing. It's not in as good of condition as I remember. At this time I'd better either restore it and either sell it or use it at that point.

Sorry to get some hopes up.

The good news is that it's lighter than I remember. I'll probably just run it for now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.