Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throwout bearing grease
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
I was looking into proper grease for throw out bearing and shaft. Came across this grease from Honda, made just for such applications. Figured I would share.

Genuine Honda 08798-9002 Urea Grease https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFDFYKW/ref=cm...d_7aebxb18R79J6
914Sixer
I used a little high temp wheel bearing grease.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Apr 5 2016, 06:53 PM) *

I was looking into proper grease for throw out bearing and shaft. Came across this grease from Honda, made just for such applications. Figured I would share.

Genuine Honda 08798-9002 Urea Grease https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFDFYKW/ref=cm...d_7aebxb18R79J6

Urea is the component of pee....not shitting you...urea urine.

Most grease uses soap as part of the base, Swepco 101 is lithium base. this is urea base.
Soap based grease flow at lower temps, the lithium or urea is higher temp.

BTW never thought about a urea grease, but I did now the urea is used heavily in cosmetics. Kiss a girl with lots of make-up on and you are kissing pee.
happy11.gif
6freak
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 5 2016, 07:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Apr 5 2016, 06:53 PM) *

Urea is the component of pee....not shitting you...urea urine.

Most grease uses soap as part of the base, Swepco 101 is lithium base. this is urea base.
Soap based grease flow at lower temps, the lithium or urea is higher temp.

BTW never thought about a urea grease, but I did now the urea is used heavily in cosmetics. Kiss a girl with lots of make-up on and you are kissing pee.
happy11.gif

Polyurea.. lol-2.gif theres only a capitil P in it
dcheek
This is what I used last week. Made by Sachs. There is usually a packet enclosed with the clutch and pressure plate. I bought a whole tube from Pelican.

Dave
Click to view attachment
Amphicar770
Polyurea greases are almost always chosen because of their high temperature properties.

Art Polishuk, in his tome, A Brief History of Lubricating Greases, claims that “one of the unique properties of polyurea greases is that they tend to thicken with an increase in temperature. This may contribute to their long performance in bearings at elevated temperatures. Their long bearing life may also be due to the fact that they contain no metals to catalyse oxidation”. Another reason for the choice of a polyurea grease may be for specific rheological properties where some versions exhibit extreme thixotropic behaviour and can be made mechanically instable by design. Polyurea greases represent some 4% of the total worldwide grease production. They are most popular in Japan whereas, in other areas, they have not caught on signi cantly, most probably due to the health and safety issues concerning the handling of the raw materials.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.