Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eastwood Tin Zinc Plating Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Hi All,

Eastwood is near my house so I recently picked up their tin zinc plating kit to try on some smaller pieces.
http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-tin-zin...ing-system.html

I have to say that it exceeded expectations. Here are some before and after pics. Left them in solution for about 10 minutes, then polished with a cloth.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
Did you do any prep after the before pic was taken? Bead blast?

If you got that result without any prep, then I have to say that I am impressed as well.
DCJosh
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 5 2016, 09:02 PM) *

If you got that result without any prep, then I have to say that I am impressed as well.

There is a video in the link which shows the steps, it looks great and is very easy. I may pick up that set in the future.
Amphicar770
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 5 2016, 10:02 PM) *

I gave them a quick pass in the blast cabinet (I use a mix of glass bead and aluminum oxide). Wiped them down with some pre-paint prep solution. Dipped them in the solution for 10 minutes then polished. Probably 30 minutes total if that.

When I do the other side I will take some pics after the blast cabinet but before the solution.

BTW, the woman at Eastwood told me that the kit was being discontinued. Do not know if that is true or not but might be a good time to pick one up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.