Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 914 2.0 Alaska Blue Metallic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dank
Just under 111,000 miles.

4th owner. Originally from southern California, then in Colorado, and then with me in Seattle since 2010, and in northern California since January. Intended to use as a daily driver, but became paranoid about driving in the rain and consequently put just under 5500 miles on it over the next 6 years. Always garaged and covered while with me.

Click to view attachment

VIN#4732918359
Alaska Blue Metallic (L96B)
2.0L engine. F/I, No mods
Clean and clear CA title
Original car with matching VINs. I also have the COA. See here.
Super clean, straight, runs great
Hell hole is solid
Dash is great - no cracks
Air Conditioning
Ziebart rustproofing
Bilsteins in rear

All records of service I've done, and the receipts PO gave me. Actually bought it from another member here 6 years ago, his listing (and pics) are still viewable here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=103673

Additions/changes since then:
- New Bosch starter
- Fuel lines converted to metal
- New fuel pump
- AC converted to R134A - would need to be recharged every few months (must be a leak somewhere)
- Replaced wheels - I also have the original chromed Fuchs that I'll include in sale (this is in addition to the spare)
- Various exterior seals replaced from 914Rubber (window scraper seals, fender to cowls seals, engine deck lid seal)
- Replaced door handle, wiper blades, shift knob
- Battery replaced

If you prefer the look of the PO, I'll include everything that'll let you put it back, along with a bunch of other accessories you can see HERE. You can easily switch everything back (except for the wood shift knob, which I replaced with a factory repro). Also including a set of chrome side mirrors (probably would look great with those on but I found driving with what I have easier).

Otherwise, the car is currently in my "driving configuration", where I:
- Put on seat covers (original has small rip on driver's side)
- Removed front and rear bumper guards, added HELLA OEM Euro lenses (front and rear), changed to Momo Prototipo steering wheel, removed sun visors
- Removed antenna (plugged hole), removed passenger side mirror

Picture dump

Maybe it's just the camera on my iPhone, but the color isn't as dark blue in direct sunlight as it looks in the pics. It's a lighter blue unless you're in the shade. This video of it starting up shows the color more accurately (see thumbnail).
- Exterior
- Exterior close ups
- Engine bay
- Interior
- Under

Issues

- 2011 Accident: Front driver's side corner was hit while I was parked. A car parked in the next stall hit me while it was pulling out (turned too soon, hit at low speed). Insurance repaired it and it looks great.
- The paint looks great in the pictures but on close inspection you can see some chips here and there.
- Slight dimple in lower rear valance, which is also where you'll see the most rust.
- The wiper blade arms could use a repaint.
- Rip in center console, crack in interior domeless light cover.

HERE's an album with the areas in question.

PPI welcome. $18K by in-person bank transfer. I'll be putting a few miles on it every week until it sells. Will also list on eBay and locally.

Thanks,

Dan
Tom_T
GLWTS Dan!

Sorry to see you part with it though! sad.gif

If I had room in my garage - then I'd offer to store it & exercise it for you, & then you can come down to sunny soCal to drive your 914 anytime you want! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
iwanta914-6
Jaw dropping gorgeous!
Coondog
Very nice 914. I hope you get your price....l smile.gif
Cairo94507
Love your car - GLWTS biggrin.gif
dank
Thanks everyone!

I've also added a bunch of pics PO gave me of the bottom when he pulled the wheels and raised it. I know it was 6 years ago, but it'll be better than nothing until you get a PPI done.

http://imgur.com/a/8uR8h
Ferg
I remember this car when it was in Colorado, but forgot who owned it then.

Nice car. GLWS
Ferg
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 7 2016, 10:34 AM) *

I remember this car when it was in Colorado, but forgot who owned it then.

Nice car. GLWS

Ah, nevermind I just saw your link. Jon Feeny, was the PO, just saw him last weekend.

2mAn
beautiful
dank
Sold! Thanks everyone, I'll be back when I get my hands on an electric one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.