Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB rear brake shield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
stinkindiesel
Looking for a rear brake dust shield. One of mine got mangled somehow.

Looks like a 914 352 801 00.

Click to view attachment

Gary
914Sixer
$17 shipped Priority Mail?

toolguy
the one you pictured is for a Six. . they are not the same as a 4
Your car is listed as a 1.7
Which one do you want?
stinkindiesel
QUOTE(toolguy @ Apr 6 2016, 05:10 PM) *

the one you pictured is for a Six. . they are not the same as a 4
Your car is listed as a 1.7
Which one do you want?

My car is a 1.7L 4, but what's on the car now sure looks like the one in the drawing I attached above. If I'm reading the PET correctly, 90135280121 is the /6 and 91435280100 doesn't have a model listed. I'm no PET wizard, but I take that to mean it's for "everything else." Any idea on how the two differ?

BTW, my car's such a bastard, there's no telling what's factory correct, and what's not...

Gary
gcrotvik
The radius in the 90 degree bend of the shield, where it wraps from the back around the edge of the rotor, is larger on the 6 backing plates. The 4 shields have virtually no radius in the 90 degree bend from the back around the edge of the rotor.

914-6 brake shield picture (they are CAD plated, someone painted the one below).
stinkindiesel
Thanks gcrotvik.

Here's what's on the car now.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That's what I need, with maybe a little less rust biggrin.gif Sorry for the crappy cell phone pick. Lip measures real close to 0.6 inches. If this is a 914-6 piece, I suppose I could replace it with a pair of -4 shields instead.

Gary
bandjoey
surprised no one has one for you by now. I have a set off of a 73 in the barn. I'll post a pic and pm you tomorrow. Bill
914Sixer
I offered one the 2nd post.
stinkindiesel
Thanks, guys.

Mark, I wanted to make sure I had the right part before proceeding. Your offer sounds great. Send me a PM and let me know where I can PayPal the funds.

Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.