Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L-Jet Fuel Pressure Regulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O
Need some info on the fuel pressure regulator. The nut on the adjuster of mine was loose (it's not on the car). I pulled the nut off and there was a small rubber gasket underneath the nut. The rubber gasket seems to be covering three or four slits in the metal under the nut area.

Questions:

1.) are the slits just something etched in the metal or do they go all the way through to the inside of the fuel pressure regulator?

2.) If the go through, what parts am I missing? I can't imagine the nut that is covering the rubber gasket is all there is. Seems like the nut would tear up the gasket at some point.

3.) Anybody have a good picture of this? I've looked online at pictures (new units) and they don't seem to come with the nut or any associated parts in that area. I guess they expect you to use your old parts, I'm just not sure what those 'old parts' are.

See pictures below to help visualize...

ejm
That's how the regulator mounts. Put the rubber washer on, put the regulator thru the hole in the bracket on the tin and tighten the nut. If there was an adjuster it would be on the other end where L-jet have a vacuum fitting.
Rob-O
Ah, that makes sense. I'm going from carbs back to FI. I guess I didn't get that bracket when I purchased the FI system. Thanks for the heads up.

Off to the classifieds to see if anyone has it!
pilothyer
That bracket is a standoff on the drivers side top engine tin. If it has been removed (cut off) it is easy to fab and weld back on.
ClayPerrine
I didn't catch that on your engine. I have a bunch of engine tin sets we can rob for a bracket.

Clay
Rob-O
I'll post a pic here in just a bit. So it's welded on, eh? Hmmm...I don't think I have a welder on stand-off on mine. But like I said I'll snap a photo and post to be sure.

Thanks Clay, we'll see if I need to take you up on that offer.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Apr 8 2016, 12:34 PM) *

I'll post a pic here in just a bit. So it's welded on, eh? Hmmm...I don't think I have a welder on stand-off on mine. But like I said I'll snap a photo and post to be sure.

Thanks Clay, we'll see if I need to take you up on that offer.

I have the part and a spot welder that will attach it to your tin.
Rob-O
I don't see it...
914fahrer
Hello,
here is the bracket smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Ralf
Rob-O
Thanks Ralf!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.