914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
80cap
I have a potential buyer for my 1.7 rebuilt engine but we can't find a
shipper to deliver it to California that doesn't screw
the deal. Any suggestions would be
great.
Brian headbang.gif
EdwardBlume
Try the big freight carriers - terminal drop off to terminal drop off. Pallet and crate it.
JOEPROPER
Try USHIP.COM. I have them bringing me an engine from California to New York. You will get 3 quotes right away, then other companies will chime in and compete for the business. I'm paying $470 which I think is fair.
rhodyguy
Pallet, shinkwrap, and a pallet. Try freight quote.com.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 7 2016, 09:02 AM) *

Pallet, shinkwrap, and a pallet. Try freight quote.com.

agree.gif Give them a try.

It has been a few years (like 8), but I used FedEx freight for a engine from NY to IN. It was shipped terminal to terminal cost was under $200. Engine was on a pallet with a crate built over it. I am sure cost have gone up since then.
Jake Raby
www.engineshipping.com

Tell Dave we said hello. He ships dozens per year for us and knows the tricks.
Amphicar770
You can actually take advantage of your local Fastenal store. You will need / want to strap it to a pallet and pack protective material around it.

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/third-party-logistics-(3pl)
flmont
I used R and L from Madison ,wI to Tucson, Az a..350 lb skid 328.00 to there terminial,here in Tucson,....and I picked it up,I saved almost 100.00...frank
forrestkhaag
My 1.7 shipped from the sand on the west coast to Dallas for 400.00 / R&L Carriers lift gate truck / shrink wrapped and strapped to a wooden palette / it must be picked up at a business is the rub, not a residential address / or dropped off at their facility to save another 75 bucks.....

beerchug.gif
Unobtanium-inc
We use Engines Direct

Engines Direct Freight ~ David Henton <david@enginesdirectfreight.com>

They are always on point, trying to deal direct with the big shippers is very very hard.
rhodyguy
You'll need to go the freight terminal to freight terminal route for the greatest savings.
Joe Bob
Forward Air, portal to portal

https://www.forwardair.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.