Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTY?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Johny Blackstain
With the death of Playboy now upon us sad.gif , it occurred to me that Playboy always had 12 POTM & then @ the end of the year they'd take all 12 & vote for POTY. We do the COTM, although it's more like 1/4, but why not take the previous COTMs & vote a COTY for every year since COTM started?
dlkawashima
IPB Image
Johny Blackstain
biggrin.gif
Ok, just a thought anyway
TheCabinetmaker
Why not? I've never seen a cotm anyway! Might be great for the folks that are into that. Go for it. Screw the nay sayers!
Andyrew
Well the biggest problem is how long do you run it? For the year?

Why have more competiton on these cars? Why spend more time on one car in the spotlight? Wouldnt that diminish the other winners?

These are the responses I got when I proposed something similar a year ago.

I am against it, I would rather see more cars spotlighted, not less. There are so many great cars on this board that rarely get any attention.
Johny Blackstain
I got the idea from Playboy, so do it almost exactly like they do. COTM process as usual, end of December put all the COTMs' for that year up for COTY. No real need to feature the winner, just a bragging rights title for the winner. Once you win COTY, you're the COTY winner for that year, forever. Following year same thing, just like Playboy. KISS- keep it simple, señor. biggrin.gif
turk22
The 11 other playmates are still hot poke.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Apr 7 2016, 06:43 PM) *

I got the idea from Playboy, so do it almost exactly like they do. COTM process as usual, end of December put all the COTMs' for that year up for COTY. No real need to feature the winner, just a bragging rights title for the winner. KISS- keep it simple, señor. biggrin.gif

I see that as a nice thing for the winner while the other 5 feel bad.

The manager in me says thats a bad thing for moral...

Im all up for team building and competitive spirit. Not isolation and elitism.
Johny Blackstain
I do agree the ones who don't win may feel bad, but like turk22 said "the other 11 are still hot". It's just an idea I had & I'm really not pro or con to it. I guess I just miss naked girls in Playboy laugh.gif
toolguy
That is why we have the sandbox threads
RickS
Too many freakin acronyms to be remotely intelligible
EdwardBlume
I'm against a COTY.

This isn't a pageant and 100s if not 1000s of our cars deserve featuring but not a best in show prize.

Just my $0.02
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(toolguy @ Apr 8 2016, 07:38 AM) *

That is why we have the sandbox threads

agree.gif av-943.gif
Larmo63
I remember reading those Playmate of the Year issues. I read, and re-read, until my hand wore out from reading so much.

Just like many of the hot cars here, there were never really any losers at Playboy. drooley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.