Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 near NC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
nwm5709
Hi. I'm looking for a driveable 914 with minimal rust (definitely no structural rust), FI and preferably a 2.0. Body/paint/interior doesn't have to be in great condition.

I'm in Raleigh, NC and ok traveling for the right car - pretty much anywhere on the east coast.

Thanks,
Nick
naro914
Nick
a buddy of mine mine is working on fixing/cleaning up a nice '73 2.0, black/black. Fixing all rust points, (he used to own a body shop and is doing excellent work here). I can connect you with him if you're interested. He's here in the Charlotte area.
nwm5709
QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 12 2016, 09:09 AM) *

Nick
a buddy of mine mine is working on fixing/cleaning up a nice '73 2.0, black/black. Fixing all rust points, (he used to own a body shop and is doing excellent work here). I can connect you with him if you're interested. He's here in the Charlotte area.

I would definitely be interested in talking to him. Note that I do not have a huge budget, so any kind of full restoration is going to be out of my range. I'm mostly looking for a solid driver. Feel free to send him my emal (nm@nicholasmeeker.com) or message me here. Thanks!
naro914
Its not a full restoration, its more a "get rid of all the bad stuff, fix it and clean it up, replace broken stuff" type work to make a good solid driver.

I'll get him your email.
naro914
I texted him your email. He said he will contact you later with pictures.
iwanta914-6
Funny, it sounds like you are looking for exactly the same thing I am looking for only I'm looking around MN. Good luck!
nwm5709
I'm still looking so just bumping this up. Let me know what you have!
era vulgaris
Nick, I know you said you're only looking on the east coast, and it doesn't have FI...but this might be a car to consider for the money you're looking to spend. I don't know anything aside from what's in the listing, but you can't get an engine that size built for what he's asking for the entire car.
If you go for it, I can give you the number of the shipper I used for my car. A hair over $1k from CA to NC, enclosed trailer and insured.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=220961
dlee6204
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ May 18 2016, 08:30 PM) *

Nick, I know you said you're only looking on the east coast, and it doesn't have FI...but this might be a car to consider for the money you're looking to spend. I don't know anything aside from what's in the listing, but you can't get an engine that size built for what he's asking for the entire car.
If you go for it, I can give you the number of the shipper I used for my car. A hair over $1k from CA to NC, enclosed trailer and insured.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=220961

The ad is 4 years old
era vulgaris
Oh damn. Haha. Nevermind! rolleyes.gif
johnhora
Nick here's one....

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...uilt-2-0-a.html

nwm5709
Thanks for the leads guys. Too bad that one with the raby is old haha. I did see the other in Denver, NC come up on craigslist and contacted them today. Not a whole lot of info on the ad so we'll see.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(nwm5709 @ May 18 2016, 09:34 PM) *

Thanks for the leads guys. Too bad that one with the raby is old haha. I did see the other in Denver, NC come up on craigslist and contacted them today. Not a whole lot of info on the ad so we'll see.

The orange one in Denver is being sold by Black Forest Racing. If there's anywhere that knows 914's in NC, it's BFR. You can probably just give the shop a call and ask them about it. Their ads are usually not very detailed.
It's got dual carbs though, not FI.
914DiceRoll
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ May 19 2016, 03:46 PM) *

QUOTE(nwm5709 @ May 18 2016, 09:34 PM) *

The orange one in Denver is being sold by Black Forest Racing. If there's anywhere that knows 914's in NC, it's BFR. You can probably just give the shop a call and ask them about it. Their ads are usually not very detailed.
It's got dual carbs though, not FI.

I would be willing to sell my Willow Green 71 914; asking $9500 firm. In the past two years I have rebuilt the brakes including new master cylinder, new rotors & PMB caliper kits, replaced all fuel lines with Tangerine SS kit and all new vacuum lines, new muffler, new clutch and accelerator cables, & restored pop-up lights. New rocker panels & jack plates installed, dented left rear fender patched but touch-up paint doesn't quite match. New carpets from 914Rubber installed. Car drives very nice, but is 45 years old and isn't perfect. Hell hole and battery tray needs work, driver's door panel is missing, and seats need new upholstery or covers. Turn signals don't work right, fog light switch missing, and fuel gauge doesn't work. This car is completely stock and I believe has the original 1.7 engine & transmission. I could deliver to Raleigh for no extra cost. If you have any interest, please PM.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Wdunster
Hi Nick
I just posted my 73 on here. Let me know if you want to get one ready to go.
Bill driving.gif
srohling
Have you purchased a car yet? I have a 72 driver that I am looking to sell. Probably let it go at a pretty good price.

Let me know.

Thanks.
srohling@bellsouth.net

QUOTE(nwm5709 @ Apr 7 2016, 05:46 PM) *

Hi. I'm looking for a driveable 914 with minimal rust (definitely no structural rust), FI and preferably a 2.0. Body/paint/interior doesn't have to be in great condition.

I'm in Raleigh, NC and ok traveling for the right car - pretty much anywhere on the east coast.

Thanks,
Nick

nwm5709
QUOTE(srohling @ Jun 9 2016, 11:40 AM) *

Have you purchased a car yet? I have a 72 driver that I am looking to sell. Probably let it go at a pretty good price.

Let me know.

Thanks.
srohling@bellsouth.net

QUOTE(nwm5709 @ Apr 7 2016, 05:46 PM) *

Thanks,
Nick

Haven't found one yet so I'm still looking. I'll send an email shortly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.