Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: two different rubber tube underneath steering column
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
Hi members,

I ordered ignition switch from pelican and it will arrive anytime. While removing the ignition assembly from the steering rod. I noticed this two end rubber tubes (like vacuum tubes), hanging behind/below steering column, what are those for? two different diameter (one tube has brown stripe and the other is solid black).

thank you!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Windshield washer tubes.
Tom_T
Those connect to the wiper switch assy. & work the air powered windshield washers. There are 2 inlet/outlet nubs on the wiper switch inside the steering column where they are connected to the swith to operate the washers.

If you want to resurrect that system, then I'd advise changing out all of the hoses & any brittle washers & T-fittings, etc. in the system (air from the spare tire to the washer bottle, then to column, then to squirters). You can tape the new hose to the end of the old ones, & then carefully pull through the new from the other end - in most cases. You'll then run your spare at 40 psi or the max on the sidewall, & check it often for leakage &/or washer use which empties out some air over time. IMHO an ingenious & lightweight system from something everybody should carry - a spare tire!

If your 914 was converted to an electric pump washer, then those were abandoned in place.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ndfrigi
wow that is a quick responses from good fellow members.
i will just cut them out since I don't really need the windshield washer specially using spare tire air.

thanks Lawrence and Tom!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.