Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of the best 914 parts seller
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ndfrigi
Paid my order yesterday around 4pm and my box arrived by noon time today. Not only this order but several times when I ordered from them.
For an $8 shipping cost that is great!

Click to view attachment
Amphicar770
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Apr 8 2016, 03:35 PM) *

Paid my order yesterday around 4pm and my box arrived by noon time today. Not only this order but several times when I ordered from them.
For an $8 shipping cost that is great!

That is a benefit of living on the left coast. Trust me, it takes a lot longer to the other side of the USA.
mepstein
At least as a shop, we have worldpac. Next day to as little as 2 hours. Free ship. smile.gif
ndfrigi
yes probably further place will take more days but at least same day of order will be process same day.
Tom_T
IIRC you're in South County, so you may want to try TC's Garage too for parts, since Tom Gould was the or one of the Pelican founders who sold it to his emplyees, the current owners.

I think Tom & Bev have PCA member discount, on top of being less costly for the parts than the Bird site in most or many cases. They're just down in N. SD County/San Marcos, & advertise on here. Tom has had 914s himself, is old school, & can probably answer most questions if in doubt on something - & they're both great folks!

In the end, we all get the parts where we can & at the best price - all else being equal, as well as doing business with our favs as well.

So nothing against Peli .... just another local option.

Geez, I miss the days of a dozen Porsche/BMW parts houses around SoCal where you could walk in, touch & see the parts, & the folks behind the counter really knew what they're talking about!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
76-914
I'm glad to hear they've lowered their shipping cost. I've paid more than that, to them, several times. For all of you not in SoCal try G&R. Their shipping has always been fast as Hell and cheap. Then again they don't ship a set of points in a shoe box either. shades.gif
wndsnd
Pelican has been my number one go to parts source.

First, I know I am getting either Factory OEM or the highest quality aftermarket parts.

Second, I know I am getting the correct parts.

Third, they are dependable, and give great service from order entry, to payment, to status details, to tracking information. Their logistics capabilities are top notch.

Lastly, their knowledge base and support are priceless.

Notice I did not mention price. I think you can always find lower prices. But the above mentions add value.

I have had direct contact from Wayne, asking about my concerns and sharing my feedback to his team.

Most of my orders I place Sunday evening from the East Coast. Most often I have my parts by Thursday.

Their shipping costs are substantial, but they are real. Shipping is not free. However they do put things in big boxes biggrin.gif
Larmo63
I've done that with Pelican too, order in the afternoon and receive the parts the next day at 2:00.

I've looked for their delivery drone, but never spotted it.
mepstein
And bruce stone - bdstone - works there smilie_pokal.gif
a914luvr
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 8 2016, 07:50 PM) *

And bruce stone - bdstone - works there smilie_pokal.gif

So do I. 11 years and counting bye1.gif
abes914
pelican is also my first choice specially with their cupons and ease of use (compare to other specialty p stores)

so whats inside the box santa_smiley.gif

Geezer914
Excellent to do business with. They are the first place I go for new parts, and they don't gouge you for shipping. I needed a set of Weltmeister polygraphite bushings, Ecklers had the lowest price, but wanted $19.99 to ship from FL to NJ. So they did not get the order. first.gif
914itis
I am on the east coast ,
If I order from pelican and use home or business address, they ship Fedex ground and it takes 5 days .

The trick is to always use my PO box , then they are forced to use USPS priority . I get it in 2 days .
Pelican rocks always .
Peashooter
I've ordered a bunch from Pelican. The only thing you have to watch is that they have multiple warehouses and if the parts you order are not in one place, they will ship from both of them separately and you will pay shipping twice. I have learned to call in my order and ask the question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.