Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SS fuel lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cantley914
Hello, I've installed the SS fuel lines in my car, now I'm looking to install the 309R rubber hose.
Can anyone tell me how much of each of each size I need?

Thanks for your help.

Steph
ThePaintedMan
If I were you, I'd just go www.tangerineracing.com. Chris will hook you up with exactly what you need, no excess, good quality product and great prices.

aktion035.gif
76-914
30r9 wants to crimp/kink easily AND the inner blue liner can separate if you stretch it over a slightly larger pipe. Remember your using SAE hose on metric fittings. The product Chris sells is a Gates product that is stiff yet it won't kink or de-laminate if mishandled. Plus it is tough as Hell and would hold up to abrasion much better. beerchug.gif
wndsnd
I agree, just regifted the fuel hose Tangerine set me up with for my 1.7 to my new 2.7. It is good product, and will handle all types of fuel mixtures.
JPA914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 8 2016, 07:27 PM) *

30r9 wants to crimp/kink easily AND the inner blue liner can separate if you stretch it over a slightly larger pipe. Remember your using SAE hose on metric fittings. The product Chris sells is a Gates product that is stiff yet it won't kink or de-laminate if mishandled. Plus it is tough as Hell and would hold up to abrasion much better. beerchug.gif

I hate to be "that guy", but I just recently redid my fuel hoses with 5/16" Gates Barricade (same as Chris uses) and found it kinked rather easily. Maybe all modern hose is similar, but my 40 year old original hoses could be bent without kinking or flattening WAY better than this stuff.
Amphicar770
The stuff Chris supplied was good. As noted, it is not metric.

I needed extra hose in the engine compartment. Bus depot has German, metric FI hose for a decent price. I paid twice as much from another supplier and they sent the exact same stuff. They also have the Swedish made hose clamps. They are just up the road from me but they do ship reasonably.

http://www.busdepot.com/n0202811
cantley914
Great, I have a supplier here that can provide me the hose I need, (tougher for FI).
I was wondering what would be the total length I would need for the 9.5mm fuel line and the 8mm return to adapt to the rest of the fuel system.
I bought the SS kit from Rotary14.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.