Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need the rubber housing for the rear license plate light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Looking for the license plate rubber housing for the '73 bumper. The light, lens, and mechanics are in good shape but the rubber is slowly rotting away. All the online sales are URO complete barf.gif So, anyone know of a source or is Mikey working on this? piratenanner.gif

Thanks!
Tom_T
Bill,

I think that the OEM Porsche ones are still available, but as complete units & more pricey than the URO crappy ones. However, the latter may be the cheapest route to get the rubber gaskets for the 2 lights if the innards are good on yours, or else just a pair of decent used OEMs (maybe from Bruce Stone bdstone on here).

I got 2 new ones about 2 years back because both my lenses & gaskets were a bit cruddy, so I know they were available. I got mark's bumper top pad repros for my resto, so an extra few $$'s to have it all look new wasn't a big issue for me.

I got them from TCsgarage.com in SoCal for about $30 each IIRC ( huh.gif maybe more?), so email Tom & Bev Gould there & see if they still have them or can get them for you - if you decide to get new units.

Don't know if Mark has the gaskets, but seems like a ;likely product to ask him to do, if not.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
bandjoey
Thanks Tom...I'll check into that. Also I got a pm from a supplier stating they had 500 in stock..just the rubber boot, no the complete light. I'll post back to let others know if they need this too, after I check these out.

I put new OEM license plate lights on the car about 5-6 years ago, and 'assumed' they were ok, until I started to install new LED bulbs. The outer rubber is badly cracked and dry. Probably we all could use these after a few years.

Mikey914
I've made the rubber outer part and can sell them at 3.95 each. Pm me if you want and I'll get up on the site.
Just part of making the assembly. It would be possible to clean the metal assembly and use the new rubber.
Mikey914
I've made the rubber outer part and can sell them at 3.95 each. Pm me if you want and I'll get up on the site.
Just part of making the assembly. It would be possible to clean the metal assembly and use the new rubber.
bandjoey
PM sent my metal is good, need the rubber housing Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.