Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Snap On MidRise Lift - Ideal for 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Amphicar770
Hi All,

The company I was working for imploded and all of us were laid off with no severance. Not even sure if I will see my last paycheck. Looking to sell off some items to hopefully carry me till next job.

I have a SnapOn Midrise lift that I bought a few years ago. Do not really use it as I have a 4-post. About a year ago I had the cylinder professionally rebuilt with new seals etc, Replaced the pressure regulating valve and fitted new quick disconnects (the proper type rated for high pressure hydraulics).

Here is a link to a video of the same model. I will post some pictures of my actual unit shortly. It is sitting in my garage with a pile of "stuff" on top that I need to move first. It is built like a tank, you do not need to worry about the safety of yourself or your car using this one.

https://youtu.be/-joexpy84NM

It is VERY heavy so I do not think shipping is really an option. I could help deliver it local if needed using my trailer. I would like to get $1,500 for it which I think is quite reasonable based on prices of others I have seen. I am located halfway between Reading, PA and King of Prussia, PA (near Philly).

It looks good, operates perfectly.

Thanks,

Mike
euro911
Sorry to hear about the job loss, dude sad.gif

We just moved a mid-rise from the shop to our home - it was a pain in the rear.

Winching onto the trailer wasn't too bad, but getting it off and positioned in the driveway wasn't a lot of fun.
Amphicar770
QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 9 2016, 03:58 PM) *

Sorry to hear about the job loss, dude sad.gif

We just moved a mid-rise from the shop to our home - it was a pain in the rear.

Winching onto the trailer wasn't too bad, but getting it off and positioned in the driveway wasn't a lot of fun.

Thanks. Yeah, my trailer has a nice set of ramps so I was able to just roll it up / down those. Its been a while, I might have used the winch to pull it up onto the trailer, either that or a couple of neighbors.

Once it is on the ground it is pretty easy to move. The pump is mounted on what essentially acts as a dolly with wheels.

mepstein
I have one. It's a great little lift. One of the best features is I can drive over mine without using any ramps. Might not work for every 914 but makes the lift invisible when the 914 is parked over top. Throw a full size piece of plywood on it and you have a great multi height work table.
flyer86d
When I closed my shop in December, I saved mine. We put it on the Uhaul truck with a forklift but it was a pain to unload into my barn at home. It is quite heavy! I just finished the Boxster's clutch, slave, IMS bearing and alternator with it. I miss standing under my old two post but it beats laying on my back.

Your price is fair.

Charlie
Dion
Mike, PM sent.
Cheers, Dion
Amphicar770
Potentially sold to Dion. If anyone else interested, let me know and I will get back to you should sale not go through.

Thanks.
Dion
No worries Mike. Consider it sold. :-)
PCA7GGR
Ooh ho, we've got trouble. Dion. have you asked Kim for permission or using my approach - begging for forgiveness?
mepstein
biggrin.gif
Amphicar770
Looks like the same lift but I've never tried using mine to suspend car from the ceiling like that. lol-2.gif
Dion
Heheh, definitely permission Sergio! Used the "safety factor" reason to win her over :-)
Nice pic Mark!
mepstein
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Apr 10 2016, 02:21 PM) *

Looks like the same lift but I've never tried using mine to suspend car from the ceiling like that. lol-2.gif

Special feature
PCA7GGR
I've used the "safety" one so much, The Panda doesn't buy it anymore.
Amphicar770
SOLD. Delivered to Dion today. Yes, moving it is quite the adventure especially up his driveway which is kind of like a Yak trail on the Andes mountains. :-) Once I got it off my trailer, we were able to attach it to the trailer hitch on his pickup using a chain and then tow it up the driveway.
PCA7GGR
Yaks in the Andes?

What's next? Llamas on Mt. Everest?
euro911
... and Alpacas in Anaheim shades.gif

Those inexpensive portable power winches (I bought one from from Harbor Fright) yikes.gif are great for moving things like this around idea.gif

Cheap too: http://www.toolplanet.com/product/12-volt-...N7C8BoC-mzw_wcB
Dion
Mike, a pleasure to finally meet you. Thanks
for the help moving that monster. Pleased to say that
no mountain animals were harmed during the
task! This will make the engine swap much easier.
Thanks also to Dave who stopped by to help in the move.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.