Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shifting linkage bushings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blackimpala
New to the Porsche world and need some help. Replacing bushings on a 72 but with side shiftier linkage, back at the transmission there is a knuckle with a bushing in it can anyone tell me how to get the old bushing out and new one in?

TIA for any help.

Floyd
dcheek
QUOTE(blackimpala @ Apr 9 2016, 11:51 AM) *

New to the Porsche world and need some help. Replacing bushings on a 72 but with side shiftier linkage, back at the transmission there is a knuckle with a bushing in it can anyone tell me how to get the old bushing out and new one in?

TIA for any help.

Floyd

I'm assuming you mean the "knuckle" that's held on to the shift rod with a conical screw. The bushing is plastic so, take a thin screwdriver and pry it out. Clean everything and put grease at the base where the bushing goes in. The bushing should slide right in with no pressure. You should push it far enough to press some grease out of the little hole on the side. Then put some grease in the cup of the bushing and press it on the lever sticking out of the tranny. This will require a pry bar and some leverage to snap it on.

Dave
ChrisFoley
The cup bushing has to be installed on the trans lever before sliding the cast piece onto it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.