Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garage find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaymann
Found this in my friends garage the other day.Along, with some 912, front 5 lug hubs.It says 914-6 on it,can anyone here confirm?Thought you guys might wanna see.Jaymann
tomrev
QUOTE(Jaymann @ Apr 9 2016, 12:28 PM) *

Found this in my friends garage the other day.Along, with some 912, front 5 lug hubs.It says 914-6 on it,can anyone here confirm?Thought you guys might wanna see.Jaymann

sure looks like it to me, correct looking hub. Maybe the other side is hiding under some junk in a corner!
Jaymann
I was thinking that to,but its a huge garage,with lots of junk.But, I like hunting for porsche stuff there.I also found a rear drum brake, from a old 356,and some 911 hubs,one off a 911s,one of a 911t.
Jaymann
The hub is not a re drilled one, this is a better shot.
914Sixer
According to the yellow paint on the control arm it is a 914-6 rear.
Jaymann
Cleaned some crude off one of the hubs,knocked over 40 years off dust and grease off.Cleaned up pretty easy,to my surprise.Found some marking on it,901.341 605.3R M AR128 5 038 I was guessing they were from a 912,now I am thinking 911,or 914-6??? Any ideas on the make and year??
mepstein
Whatcha gonna do with the parts
Jaymann
Hey Mark:I dont really know,my friend sold his property,which he ran a parts business on for over 40+ years.He has been cleaning house.And he has let me look around for Porsche stuff.So just trying to see, if there is anything worth saving.He gave me it for free,with the promise, that if I sold any of it,I would split it with him.I am having fun looking for stuff.Just not sure what it is
For me, it would be simple. Gather all the parts, keep the ones you want and sell the rest. Your friend will be happy to.
Good luck with parts mining.
mepstein
QUOTE(Jaymann @ Apr 10 2016, 11:41 AM) *

Hey Mark:I dont really know,my friend sold his property,which he ran a parts business on for over 40+ years.He has been cleaning house.And he has let me look around for Porsche stuff.So just trying to see, if there is anything worth saving.He gave me it for free,with the promise, that if I sold any of it,I would split it with him.I am having fun looking for stuff.Just not sure what it is

Well your going to do well. Congrats and have fun
Jaymann
Thanks Mark:I will be going back again this week,to look some more,and I have my buddy looking to.It is fun,because he has no idea,what we may find.
Eric_Shea
The trailing arms are the same as any early 914 so, no intrinsic value there.

The hubs all (front and rear) have 911 (901) part numbers so, again, nothing that really relates to a 914-6 specifically. All great stuff if you're doing a 5-lug conversion but nothing that's going to add a rarity premium.
Jaymann
Thanks Eric: When I saw the rear,I figured,The hub was the part I wanted.It looks just like the 911t hub(is it?)The only part, I thought might be rare,was the rear drum brake assembly off a old 356.
Eric_Shea
Same part number as the 70 911's yup.

The 914-6 stub axles are unique but, they have been way over-rated for years. If you're going to go up in power and put a six (over 140hp lets say) in your car, a 914-6 stub axle only allows you to run a VW type 1 CV with a 911 hub. If you're not going to install a six, then a re-drilled 914-4 hub will do the trick and "never" fail. All for a lot less money than the 914-6 stub axles.

Are you looking to go 5-lug? If so, what are the engine plans?

(BTW 356 "calipers" would be the rare bits wink.gif )

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.