Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long time member decides to pass the torch.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
Long time 914 member swl, aka Steve Lloyd has decided to pass the torch on his 914 project.
Steve said he will still be checking into the world, has having a 914 since he was 17yrs/old the teen addiction will never be out of his system completely.
Out of the blue he contacted me wanting to pay it forward a bit to my boy saying ..."I'm gonna make him a offer he can't refuse", for his 914 project.

So on to our new member Teen Hulk, aka Ethan Henry, at 14 he is likely our youngest member.
He's my son and a kid so go easy on him...or I'll hunt you down and hurt you. Bad. biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch8uCOPbH7I

Here is Ethan and his new 1973 914 1.7 and some of the booty that came with it.
welcome.png
rhodyguy
No driving beyond the post box. Long driveway, 914, 14yo? Looks to be a pretty complete car. Wonderfull jessture. Fortunate young man. Nice vehicle to learn about cars on.
Teen Hulk
Hi guys
Tom_T
QUOTE(Teen Hulk @ Apr 9 2016, 02:51 PM) *

Hi guys

Congratz & listen to your Dad - he knows stuff! biggrin.gif

welcome.png

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rhodyguy
I note a seat that looks like my konig. Very nice.
porschetub
QUOTE(Teen Hulk @ Apr 10 2016, 10:51 AM) *

Hi guys

welcome.png That sport seat you have there is worthless send it to me and I can dispose of it in an eco friendly way lol-2.gif .
Seriously you have some nice goodies there,go hard ,ask lots of questions and enjoy your car,takes me back I was younger than you and did my first engine up....what a buzz it ran.
I was hooked on cars from an early age and nothing has changed,its a good healthy pastime and is great for learning skills which translate into later life ,good luck smile.gif .

EDIT....teach me to read the thread correctly as some times I don't do dry.gif ,now I see that Ethan will need little help on this forum.....unfair advantage I say av-943.gif .
Cairo94507
welcome.png Wow what a terrific way to start off your 914 future. Read, read and read some more. Then listen to your dad. biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(scotty boy @ Apr 9 2016, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 9 2016, 06:04 PM) *

I note a seat that looks like my konig. Very nice.

Scheel-Mann

The seat is a Recaro, unfortunately it's too small it's made for a skinny 150lbs.
What is it worth?

Teen Hulk isn't a joke, Ethan is 14 years old, 6 foot, 185 lbs, size 13 shoe and isn't done growing yet. Bloody kid is eating us out of frick'in house and home....
His ass won't fit the seat.
jd74914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 9 2016, 07:30 PM) *

The seat is a Recaro, unfortunately it's too small it's made for a skinny 150lbs.
What is it worth?

Teen Hulk isn't a joke, Ethan is 14 years old, 6 foot, 185 lbs, size 13 shoe and isn't done growing yet. Bloody kid is eating us out of frick'in house and home....

Not sure what it's worth, but I might be interested if you have any ideas on pricing.

One of my younger brothers started out that way; he ended up 6' 10" and ~300 lbs. laugh.gif
Rob-O
Wow, looks like a great car to start with. Congrats to Ethan and I'm sure there will be bonding time getting the car sorted. What car nut Dad doesn't dreams about he and his son fixing up an old car, and becoming friends again as the son moves from teen to young man?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Apr 9 2016, 08:37 PM) *

What is it worth?

One of my younger brothers started out that way; he ended up 6' 10" and ~300 lbs. laugh.gif

pissoff.gif stfu.gif

I'm already catching him looking to see if he's taller than me.

The two of us lifted a fully dressed T4 engine up and into the Torrent today, he just looked at me and said "no problem!".
turk22
QUOTE(Teen Hulk @ Apr 9 2016, 05:51 PM) *

Hi guys

Ethan,

welcome.png

Post lots of pictures Must be great to get a 914 as your first car!
Congrats!

Turk
r_towle
It really is good to have a strong young back around..

Great to see another generation building cars from a pile of parts...a great way to learn.
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
JRust
welcome.png . Nice to see another kid getting raised right aktion035.gif
ajracer
What is it worth?

His ass won't fit the seat. [/quote]

Greetings Mark & Welcome Ethan:
I could make good "Fast" use of that Recaro seat with a small ass; have some valued parts and open to trade, cash offer or bring a case of food for that young Man!. My 914LS needs a Recaro addition and some serious aero dynamics. Happy to chat or taker a drive down the #401 to visit. Await your reply, Allan in Toronto.

Click to view attachment
Justinp71

Congrats!

I have a 14 year old nephew, if he got his own 914 he would be super excited...
Andyrew
Awesome! Welcome!

I was 14 when I got my 914 in 02.. smile.gif
johnpierre

Hi guys

and a very nice howdy to you as well... i have a 73 as well. you are going to have a great time with this car...
-jp-
somd914
This is great news for Ethan. Congrats!

Our silver '73 came to be via a close friend who wanted our then 16 yr-old son to have it. Since it wasn't a good car for DD given the massive mileage we rack up living in the sticks nor for the school parking lot, so we bought it with the intent of passing it to him once he was out of college on his own. I stumbled onto the Revenna green car this past fall, which accelerated the torch passing as he has another year of college.

Great to see the younger generation having a passion for these cars, and classic cars in general!
Mark Henry
I'm going to get the boy to start a thread as he gets going on the resto.
In fact that is part of the sale deal, Steve (swl) wants to see the progress on his old 914.
I doubt Ethan will post many questions, he can ask dad on most stuff.

This will be at least a 3 year project, in Ontario Canada he won't get his beginers license, called a G1, until he's 16yrs/old. That's for one year he'll learn to drive in mom/dads car, licenced driver beside him. Then he gets a G2 which has certain conditions (probation) for another year, he may have his 914 on the road by then.
The 914 will be built to be his summer daily driver.

I had him take off the rockers last night, some sin on the longs to investigate and repair properly. No jack spurs, nice looking floors though.
We'll see what gets done today, mostly he has to get all these damn parts out of my way so I can work tomorrow.

Must be nice to start your first project with a fully equipped shop, complete with 2 post lift. wink.gif
rhodyguy
That and some 6 cyl or big 4 sitting around waiting for someplace to live.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 10 2016, 10:09 AM) *

That and some 6 cyl or big 4 sitting around waiting for someplace to live.

Going to keep it stock-ish -4, maybe MS if the injection is troublesome.

The 1.7 was running in 2011 and also came with a 2nd engine that had some rebuild work done on it but never ran. Would have to investigate what was done on it.

TJB/914
QUOTE(Teen Hulk @ Apr 9 2016, 05:51 PM) *

Hi guys

Welcome Ethan pray.gif

Enjoy the build, when your older you will remember a forever dad bonding time in your life. smile.gif
BTW: Good choice of a Yellow 914 smilie_pokal.gif

Tom
rhodyguy
"Stock-ish", we all know where that path leads. wink.gif
worn
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 9 2016, 01:37 PM) *

Awesome Mark. He is a good looking guy, but with your avatar, I kinda expected more well, skin pigment - melanin. The pallor must come from the long Canadian nights with short sunlight periods. Honest, I thought you was the same person for a long time, tll I learned that one of you lives in Texas and you don't. I don't follow sports.

He looks the man, and I bet you couldn't be prouder. Get him on the world so he stays with a decent, well pretty good, crowd on line.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(worn @ Apr 10 2016, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Apr 9 2016, 01:37 PM) *

Awesome Mark. He is a good looking guy, but with your avatar, I kinda expected more well, skin pigment - melanin. The pallor must come from the long Canadian nights with short sunlight periods. Honest, I thought you was the same person for a long time, tll I learned that one of you lives in Texas and you don't. I don't follow sports.

He looks the man, and I bet you couldn't be prouder. Get him on the world so he stays with a decent, well pretty good, crowd on line.

His mom is a blond shades.gif
Mark Henry

Now 6'-2" blink.gif
timothy_nd28
What a great project to bond with dad! Time flies, so take many pictures of you two working on this. smile.gif
horizontally-opposed
How cool is this? A second young Ethan, with a smile and a 914. I dig it.

welcome.png Ethan!

914s make great first cars, and can take you far. Just ask Jeff Zwart.

pete
get off my lawn

Hi guys

Just remember one thing: you can't turbo a 914.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(get off my lawn @ Feb 28 2017, 02:26 PM) *

Hi guys

Just remember one thing: you can't turbo a 914.

No turbos...maybe a /6 one day. I do have a good 2.7 core. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.