Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Are there any differences between 70–76 suspension parts ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Theclassiccarcoroner
Can anyone tell me if there any differences between 70–76 suspension parts? Same offset?
I have a 74 914 non-rolling shell and I hoping to put on all of the suspension from a 1971 model 914. Is this gonna work?
PancakePorsche
Same geometry and widths. Front struts may be different in the lower ball joint area. Early cars may have pinch bolt and late cars (73+) for sure have wedge pin bolt to secure to lower ball joint. This will not matter if you swap all the suspension parts straight across to the 74'

Only the early (non-concentric) Pedrini wheels will not fit on later concentric hubs.

Only the 914-6 has wider 911 front width.
Theclassiccarcoroner
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Apr 10 2016, 02:38 AM) *

Same geometry and widths. Front struts may be different in the lower ball joint area. Early cars may have pinch bolt and late cars (73+) for sure have wedge pin bolt to secure to lower ball joint. This will not matter if you swap all the suspension parts straight across to the 74'

Only the early (non-concentric) Pedrini wheels will not fit on later concentric hubs.

Only the 914-6 has wider 911 front width.

Thank you!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.