Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway, Sway
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gunn1
Were sway bars (front and rear) part of a certain option/appearance group available on the 914?

Or could they be ordered as a "Stand alone" option
Tom_T
F+R Sway Bars were both an individual option, & as part of the Performance Group of options (& including the Fuchs 2L or Pedrini or Mahle "Baby Gas Burner" 4-lug alloys).

They came as standard equipment along with the Appearance Group options on the early `73 MY 914-2.0 "914S" models from the start in Aug. `72 up thru about March-ish `73, & the sway bars & alloys were included on the later `73 914-2.0 "914 Sport" set-up.

See Dave Kawashima's `73 @ O&H or in the Garage &/or in the O&H nailed thread "The Few, the rare..." for the "914 Sport" (or PM him - dlkawashima is his screen name here IIRC) - & allso see my "914S' post in there for the included equipment for the"914S" info. (http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=107851).

In `74 MY they became added cost options or groups.

Jeff Bowlsby's site lists many/most of the factory options here:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/OpEq.htm

Go back to his main page from there, & explore the wealth of info. he has on there, & look at his other 914 LE, 914 Wiring Harnesses & 914 Parts sites from the links there too - as all 4 are great resources which ANY 914er should have bookmarked!

Another great resource on equipment & options is p914.com & rates a permanent bookmark too!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
TM_Corey
Mine are listed as an option on my 1974 2.0's original window sticker as "stabilizer bars-Front & Rear". The original dealer receipt list them as "Stabilizer Bars $145.00".

My car seems to have parts of an appearance package, but never had a center console or fog lights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.