Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ¿Western wheel pictures?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
garrettlee2
Dose anyone have a picture of 14" western wheels on a 914. I'm trying to see how they look before I switch my car back to four lug.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Apr 10 2016, 03:05 PM) *

Dose anyone have a picture of 14" western wheels on a 914. I'm trying to see how they look before I switch my car back to four lug.

blink.gif

what's on it now?

IMHO 14" western wheels will look like shit. icon8.gif icon8.gif barf.gif stromberg.gif ....... slap.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Haven't seen any 14". Just 15
Mark Henry
Maybe 14" is a typo, personally I don't care for the 14" rim, not even the fuchs . Then I'm not fond of bigger than the 16" rims as well.

Western is pretty generic as they had several styles. Are you talking the cyclone wheels? Dan Gurney wheels?
Tom_T
I can't help with 14" Westerns, but these are polished 15" Westerns on my buddy's <61,000 mile 1971 914/4 since it was new from the dealer (he's the OO & that's the original Bahia Red paint!) FYI -

Click to view attachment

Contrary to Mark H. in this case, I think these look good.

But a word of warning about Westerns is that they have the wrong offset (i.e.: not 40 ET), cuz his 1OEM size 165(/80)HR15 tires are within 1/4" of the rear wheel arch lips, whereas the stock steel, Pedrini & other alloy wheels have a bigger clearance & can handle larger tire widths.

Hope this helps, & maybe recheck yourself - if you really meant 15" rims?? confused24.gif

PS - there are a set of 15" Western wheels FS here -
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=282194

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
garrettlee2
This is the wheel in questionClick to view attachment
Mueller
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Apr 10 2016, 08:08 PM) *

This is the wheel in questionClick to view attachment

Minilite?

Pretty sure not a Western wheel.
garrettlee2
I was told they're western by a guy that was trying to sell the same set at the Phoenix club swap a couple years ago. There are no markings apart from date stamps so I can't be sure, and it seems minilite is pretty happy to put there name on wheels.
nathansnathan
I think those are known as Western Minilites, like a knock off off a minilite made by Western, but I could be wrong.
1stworks
Look like Carol Shelby wheels to me...
PlantMan
I have seen EMPI wheels that were very similar to that. I agree though, that it looks closer to a Minilite knock-off.
GaroldShaffer
If they were true minilite rims they would say minilite on them. I had minilites on my 70 & 73

sixnotfour
QUOTE(1stworks @ Apr 11 2016, 05:49 AM) *

Look like Carol Shelby wheels to me...

agree.gif Anaconda or mini Europa later is their name

tomrev
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Apr 11 2016, 05:41 AM) *

I think those are known as Western Minilites, like a knock off off a minilite made by Western, but I could be wrong.

This is correct; they made a number of copy styles, and I have the same wheel as in photo on my MGA, made in id-80's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.