Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New exhaust with cutouts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JP3
Click to view attachment

Just finished welding up a new exhaust with electric cutouts. Installing it tomorrow morning. I should really scare the neighbors with this.
Ferg
aktion035.gif in for sound clip!
wes
QUOTE(Ferg @ Apr 11 2016, 02:11 PM) *

aktion035.gif in for sound clip!

agree.gif
JP3
I took decibel readings with the old exhaust and with open headers. I am hoping for it to be pretty quiet running through the muffler and setting off car alarms when straight through. Click to view attachment
jd74914
Looks great!! Where did you get the cutout valve assembly from?

No offense intended, but with going to all what work why did you keep the crappy ball flanges instead of going to v-bands (or similar)?
Alphaogre
Click to view attachment
JP3
I did not want to modify the ends of the headers and they have the old style flanges on them. When or if I get different headers, I can change that out pretty easy.
JP3
Video with sound tomorrow after I get it mounted up.
Shadowfax
Nice work!
Cairo94507
Terrific. I have the PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) on my '10 C4S and love being able to sneak around stealthy-like or make some noise at the push of the button.
LowBridge
super sweet looking exhaust...
mgp4591
I've got manual valves scheduled for mine when she comes together but it's a Suby 6 - looking forward to your sound clip! w00t.gif
somd914
Incredible... Waiting for the sound clips... popcorn[1].gif
JP3
Here is a link to the video of the exhaust. Near the end you can hear it switch back from open exhaust to through the muffler.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8daRdXbNopQ&feature=youtu.be
JP3
Here is a working link.

https://youtu.be/8daRdXbNopQ
SirAndy
And here is a embedded link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8daRdXbNopQ

JP3
SirAndy how do I do that?
SirAndy
QUOTE(JP3 @ Apr 12 2016, 11:00 AM) *
SirAndy how do I do that?

Go to the FAQ forum and look for the thread "TIP: Embedding YouTube videos" ...
biggrin.gif
JP3
Thanks Andy. I will try that out next time.
Andyrew
Beautiful craftsmanship on the exhaust!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.