Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring diagram help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Catorse
Considering I actually went to school for electronics engineering, I can't believe I am stumped by what has to be the crappiest wiring diagram in the history of the automobile. I have never seen a diagram where lines just go "off the page" into the ether without explanation.

Can someone please tell me where the wires with the green arrows go to? I had my harness out of the car for a resto and am cleaning it up. The lower one is for the headlight motors but I can't determine from the diagram where it goes.

Is there a reference for the numbers somewhere?

THANKS!
SA-914
If you look at next page, it shows them connected...1 goes to the regulator plate...
Catorse
QUOTE(SA-914 @ Apr 12 2016, 09:06 AM) *

If you look at next page, it shows them connected...1 goes to the regulator plate...

Wow. I didn't even know there was a second page.

But now this leads to more questions than it answers....the other side of the headlight motor is connected to the....wait for it....fresh air blower? WTF????

walterolin
Get the factory schematic for your car from the Haynes manual. It is hard to follow, but if you are patient and can read a schematic, it will work. The color coded one you are working with is easier to follow - to a degree - but it is incomplete. For example, it does not show the internals on the door light switches which the Haynes does, and there was something with the headlight circuit - can't remember - that was missing.
Dtjaden
All of the wiring diagrams are available on the Pelican Parts web site here:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm
1970-1973 are old style point to point diagrams like you attached. 1974-1976 are newer current flow style diagrams that are more universally used my manufacturers now.

I have never found any significant errors in the diagrams referenced above. I also find the current flow diagrams somewhat easier to use.

Darryl
walterolin
You are correct, Darryl, I got this color coded schematic mixed up with another.
EdwardBlume
I bought the color placemat off eBay and it helped more.... even though I'm color blind.
ClayPerrine
If you think this is bad...

Try an 80s vintage Ferrari wiring diagram. All hand drawn in pencil, and labeled in Italian. Then they were photocopied for distribution. And they made changes to the harness, but never updated the diagrams.

I used to tell customers with Ferrari electrical problems they had to supply a wiring diagram, and I would charge them 8 hours labor so I could translate it BEFORE I would even open the door of the car.

You know, they would pay it. Not because they were wealthy, but because no one else in the area would touch Ferrari wiring.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.