Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: European Tail Light Lens Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Puebloswatcop
Over at 914 Club in the Garage Forum, there is a group buy on European Tail Light Lenses If anyone is interested.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 12 2016, 10:54 AM) *

Over at 914 Club in the Garage Forum, there is a group buy on European Tail Light Lenses If anyone is interested.

There's already a thread for that:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=281716
shades.gif
rhodyguy
"Is shipping included?" Reply from the ad. That would be a negative. Nor handling either.
SKL1
I'd be interested in 1 set but have heard of issues with fitment, etc with AA reproduction stuff...
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Apr 12 2016, 04:10 PM) *

I'd be interested in 1 set but have heard of issues with fitment, etc with AA reproduction stuff...

I bought a set two years ago from AA and they fit fine.
76-914
OT but this is a case where ones reputation precedes them. I'll bet ya a nickel to a doughnut that if Mark (aka Mikey) were selling these, the 914World community would be all over these. shades.gif
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 12 2016, 06:10 PM) *

OT but this is a case where ones reputation precedes them. I'll bet ya a nickel to a doughnut that if Mark (aka Mikey) were selling these, the 914World community would be all over these. shades.gif

I am afraid your comments are very correct. I know several people had bad experiences with AA and they expressed their views on this forum. I read them and was skeptical about ordering anything from AA but I needed some things only they had so I ordered from them and had no problems. Then I ordered some other things and again no problems. I have placed five orders with them and not one problem. When I called with questions, they answered them. I ordered some tranny output seals and the salesperson even went back into the garage area and asked a mechanic to make sure I got the correct ones. I guess I am an aberration.

No, George is not my uncle! biggrin.gif
jcd914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Apr 12 2016, 04:40 PM) *

I guess I am an aberration.

I doubt you are an aberration. I would bet there are a lot of people on this forum that have had good experiences with AA but we don't hear much about them.
We do hear from those that have had problems and there are quite a few.

One of the problems I see is AA is inconsistent, good at times and problematic other times.

I have not bought anything from AA in a very long time, so I have no recent experience and what I bought in the past worked out fine.

Since they seem to be hit an miss with service I won't use them as my first choice but if/when I come across something no one else has I will buy from AA and hopefully I won't regret it.

To get back on topic:

I have a set of AA repro rear Euro lens on my Blue 914 (they came with the car) and they fit OK, not as a good as OE lens. Their curve is not quite right and the plastic is a bit thicker in a couple spots but they work.

Jim
ConeDodger
George generally has had good performance on these group buys...
914forme
I put myself in for a set, btw that is the price I paid before we get to the 30+ sold units. That being said, this is all I have to say on the subject of fit and finish.

Click to view attachment

Looks good until I started to put them back into the box then, WTF

Click to view attachment

Still have not heard from anyone official about rectifying this situation poke.gif

So hopefully mine was a fluke, and well all the others will be fine.
bigkensteele
if you are OK with this level of fit and finish, then the AA units will work out just fine for you. I am planning on trying my luck with a heat gun to bring the sides in a bit. I was disappointed when I put them on.

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
I haven't been to the Club site in years..... and don't want to visit too soon either.
What is the price of the group buy Euro lenses ?
rgalla9146
Dooooh !
Just saw the link.
I'll have a real pair at Hershey
porschetub
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 13 2016, 06:06 AM) *

"Is shipping included?" Reply from the ad. That would be a negative. Nor handling either.

aftermarket I wonder,anyone got these on there car?
Edit sorry bit late in the race ...now I see barf.gif
Porschef
Yeah, I had to put mine in the oven for a little while to heat them in order to rework the radius; I was moderately successful. That is, after receiving an additional one because two left sides weren't gonna work... blink.gif

I'm wearing a pair of Hellas now, of course they fit right. Seems to me a little more effort would have made the repros a good replacement.
rhodyguy
There you go! Roll the dice on this gb.
rjames
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 13 2016, 07:15 AM) *

There you go! Roll the dice on this gb.

At least with rolling the dice there'd be a chance to win. Looks like fit and finish and quality isn't great on these. No chance to win, but maybe a chance not to lose too much.

Just like every other AA thread, nothing new to see here.
white1975
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 12 2016, 06:23 PM) *

I put myself in for a set, btw that is the price I paid before we get to the 30+ sold units. That being said, this is all I have to say on the subject of fit and finish.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Still have not heard from anyone official about rectifying this situation poke.gif

so I guess you don't want mine
914forme
QUOTE(white1975 @ Apr 13 2016, 05:11 PM) *

Yes I still do, I had ordered these back in 2010 and they finally filled the order. LOL, hoping to find the last needed pieces to make the deal this weekend at Hersey.
white1975
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 13 2016, 03:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I will be there Friday morning leaving Thursday nite

Yes I still do, I had ordered these back in 2010 and they finally filled the order. LOL, hoping to find the last needed pieces to make the deal this weekend at Hersey.

white1975
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 13 2016, 03:32 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I will be there Friday morning leaving Thursday nite
Puebloswatcop
Hey guys and gals,

the group buy is a little over half way there. Lets see if we can generate the rest of the needed interest.
mepstein
Just can't get my head around buying from George. Sorry. sad.gif
SLITS
I have had a set on my car for a few years.

Two problems:

1. The fit. Put them on and periodically tightened the nuts to see if they would self form. While not great, they work and at the time were CHEAP!

2.) The side marker lens portion is clear which makes them not quite legal, but I never got a ticket for it.

Other than that, for the price, I used them.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Apr 12 2016, 05:40 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 12 2016, 06:10 PM) *

I am afraid your comments are very correct. I know several people had bad experiences with AA and they expressed their views on this forum. I read them and was skeptical about ordering anything from AA but I needed some things only they had so I ordered from them and had no problems. Then I ordered some other things and again no problems. I have placed five orders with them and not one problem. When I called with questions, they answered them. I ordered some tranny output seals and the salesperson even went back into the garage area and asked a mechanic to make sure I got the correct ones. I guess I am an aberration.

No, George is not my uncle! biggrin.gif

I don't think you are an aberration at all. I have made several orders from AA over several years and have never had any problems. Every business has some rough times and it may effect their products or customer service at times, but I have never had a bad experience at AA.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(SLITS @ Apr 19 2016, 01:43 PM) *

I have had a set on my car for a few years.

Two problems:

1. The fit. Put them on and periodically tightened the nuts to see if they would self form. While not great, they work and at the time were CHEAP!

2.) The side marker lens portion is clear which makes them not quite legal, but I never got a ticket for it.

Other than that, for the price, I used them.

on the new ones the side marker portion is no longer clear.
iankarr
Looks like this GB has stalled at 17. 30 needed to get the discount. Anyone else here in????
paintracer1
I'll be in for 2 pairs.
puffinator
If you are one of the 32 that signed up for this group buy it closes on Friday and you need to pay by Friday for the buy to go through. You can send checks to Ray or you can pay online at AA and save a little on shipping.

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=429757
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.