Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just drove the MassIVe teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Chris and Pete worked on my teener for the last two days of their stay. They took off about 6 Pm heading to Summit Point for the National there this weekend...

Chris built me a cage for my teener before he left home and he and Pete installed it while they were down here. These guys did an excellent job and it even fits with the stock backpad in place!

I drove the car on my favorite backrod and was absolutely amazed at what the rigidity change did to the handling! I swear this sucker is faster through my favorite turns than ever! The car literally has no flex at all compared to what it had before.

With the full Konis, 911 front suspension and brakes with Mueller's bearing upgrade this car is a blast to drive- I can't wait to get it on the track!

If anyone wants a cage- Chris IS THE MAN!

Thanks Chris- Now go win that damn race at summit point!
rick 918-S
You know someone is going to do it.... biggrin.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Jake Raby
I will upload them on my site in a day or so...
don9146
Be sure to include pics of your oil cooler setup as well...
Jake Raby
The oil cooler set up is destroyed with the rest of the trunk right now..... I am redoing that entire set up along with my Nitrous install and EFI install..

The rear trunk is headquarters for igntion, fuel system, Nitrous and oil systems..... even if a tad of weight effects handling I want to keep everything close to the engine and simple.
Teknon
We don't want you on a race track. They did,t even let John Elway (Denver Broncos) ski in fear he couldn't do his job. Who will help us upgrade our motors??? Gene Berg?

LOL, Kidding, sounds like a blast. lol2.gif
Jake Raby
It's primarily a street car... Just a very serious one.

URY914
Did he build it so the roll cage can be pressured with nitrous and plumbed to your carbs?

That's what I did with mine. biggrin.gif

(I hope my tech inspector doesn't read this sad.gif )
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 30 2005, 01:10 PM)
Did he build it so the roll cage can be pressured with nitrous and plumbed to your carbs?

(I hope my tech inspector doesn't read this sad.gif )

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 30 2005, 03:10 PM)

I thought you would use helium to get the car even lighter. laugh.gif
URY914
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 30 2005, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (URY914 @ Mar 30 2005, 03:10 PM)

I thought you would use helium to get the car even lighter. laugh.gif

The cage is in two sections: Helium on the driver's side to off set my fat ass. Nitrous on the passenger side for SPEED! biggrin.gif
Rand
A sales rep for a welding supply company came by our shop a while back... As a BS session unfolded, he was talking about pressurizing a tank with helium to make it lighter. He claimed if you could get enough helium in there it might even float. Needless to say, we didn't buy anything from him. We got a good laugh out of it though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.