Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats a 914-6 transmission worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fasthonda
Picked up a 914-6 trans this past weekend that was disassembled and stored for years which included the case, gear stack and intermediate plate. The rear cover was missing. The case is very clean. The gear stack has some rust but will clean up. Dog teeth all look pretty good.
My thought was to sell it as is or rebuild it into a side shifter.

Thanks,

Michael

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
What's the serial number? Might be worth something to somebody.
fasthonda
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 12 2016, 04:55 PM) *

What's the serial number? Might be worth something to somebody.

Serial # 7501703

Was told the car this came out of became a race car.
Dave_Darling
Worth a little to someone with an original Six. Worth a little to someone who wants a slightly taller 3rd and slightly shorter 5th than the regular 914-4 box.

Otherwise, it's just a tail-shift gearbox in pieces with an extra hole in the intermediate plate for the throttle bell-crank.

--DD
toolguy
My experience is that the last 4 of the trans number is within a 50 digit range of the Six Karmen trunk number
mepstein
About $1,500-$2k ( in decent condition )
QUOTE(mepstein @ Apr 12 2016, 09:28 PM) *

About $1,500-$2k ( in decent condition )

Thanks for the price point info.
larryM

put it on eBay - the market will tell you soon enuf what it is worth

fasthonda
My plan is to rebuild it into a side shifter. I will enjoy the challenge of restoring it and the thought of having an original six tranny for the type R is kinda cool. Hopefully will also add some value to my car.
larryM
QUOTE(fasthonda @ Apr 13 2016, 07:05 PM) *

My plan is to rebuild it into a side shifter. I will enjoy the challenge of restoring it and the thought of having an original six tranny for the type R is kinda cool. Hopefully will also add some value to my car.

so why ask us "what's it worth?" when you had no plan to sell it?

colingreene
Honda powered with a rare gearbox behind it sounds like a waste to me
PancakePorsche
Great gearbox. Came stock with early 911E/S gears inside which is my favorite. Also has slightly taller GA 2nd compared to F in the 4 banger box.

Side shift conversion good idea to eliminate the "butter churn" shift feel.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(larryM @ Apr 13 2016, 07:48 PM) *

QUOTE(fasthonda @ Apr 13 2016, 07:05 PM) *

so why ask us "what's it worth?" when you had no plan to sell it?

Exactly what I was thinking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.